Please consider donating your local high school and college yearbooks to the Grosvenor Room.
To view a list of yearbooks owned by the Grosvenor Room select the following link:
The Grosvenor Room welcomes donations to the local history and genealogy collections.
Donations are accepted in accordance with the Library’s Gift and Donor Recognition Policy and under the following guidelines and conditions:
- All donated materials must be in good condition: free of dirt, mold, moisture, and pests.
- No duplicate items (exceptions: replace current copy in poor condition, frequently used or rare title).
- No obsolete formats, e.g., Beta tape, VHS tape, 8 mm film, floppy disks.
- No audiovisual items (exception: oral histories with written transcripts).
- Genealogy manuscripts and family histories* must be organized in family charts and/or narrative text. Published and indexed genealogies in print are the preferred format for future researcher use.
*At this time, only genealogies that include family lines from Buffalo, Erie County, or WNY may be added to the collection.
- Scrapbook and photograph subjects must be easily identifiable.
- Space is available for storage of the material.
- Time required arranging the material for use is acceptable.
The Library reserves the right to decline gift offers. Materials that do not fit within our collecting policy will be referred to local historical societies or other institutions.
If necessary, donor(s) will sign a “Deed of Gift” transferring ownership (and copyright if applicable) to the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library.
Rare or unique local history or genealogy materials may be added to the Rare Book Room collection.
All gifts are evaluated by the same materials selection standards that apply to purchased materials. Please see our Collection Development Policy for more information.