Library bulletin boards are available for the posting of notices related to library business or library-sponsored activities and public service items of educational, cultural or civic interest to the community. Posting of notices does not indicate Library endorsement of the ideas, issues or events promoted by those notices.
1. Library bulletin boards are not intended as a forum for the expression of the views or opinions of individuals or groups.
2. Any notice to be considered for posting must be submitted to Library management for approval. Only authorized Library personnel may post or remove notices. Notices posted without authorization will be removed.
3. In fairness to the numerous community groups, the Library may limit the frequency with which notices may be posted by the same organization. Upon receipt of approved materials, the Library will make a best effort to distribute them within seven working days.
4. All notices posted on the Library bulletin board must contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring agency and/or its authorized representative.
5. Notice size (physical dimensions) may be restricted to maximize available space.
6. Notices will be removed when they are no longer timely or when space is required for more current items.
7. The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any materials delivered for posting. Materials will not be returned.
The following will not be accepted for posting:
- Materials endorsing or opposing the election of any candidate for public office
- Materials endorsing or opposing the adoption of federal, state or local legislation
- Materials promoting commercial products or services
Posting authorization is based on the provisions of this policy and not on the content, viewpoints, beliefs or affiliations of the organizations permitted to post notices. Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of posting privileges.
Adopted May 18, 2006.
Reviewed by Policy Committee August 11, 2009 – no changes
Amended October 17, 2013 per Res. 2013-36