CREDIT CARD / BUSINESS CHARGE ACCOUNT POLICY
This policy is for application to those libraries within the City of Buffalo (Central Library and Buffalo Branch Libraries) and Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System functions.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of this policy is to protect Erie County taxpayers by assuring that credit card and business charge account use facilitates cost-effective purchases for the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (B&ECPL). Use of a credit card or business charge account is a form of payment; all use must be in compliance with B&ECPL Policies, in particular, the B&ECPL’s Procurement Policy.
- The B&ECPL is authorized to maintain two credit card accounts, and one business charge account with Amazon.com. Credit cards will be assigned to the B&ECPL Library Director and the Deputy Director – CFO (both herein designated “cardholders”). There will be no physical credit card for the Amazon.com account. Additions or deletions to the number of credit cards or business charge accounts shall require approval by resolution of the B&ECPL Board of Trustees.
- The limit for each of the accounts shall not exceed $7,500.
- The cardholders or their designees may use the credit card only for goods or services for the official business of the B&ECPL and consistent with other policies, including but not limited to the B&ECPL’s Procurement Policy.
- The B&ECPL Library Director or her designee(s) is authorized to incur charges to the Amazon.com account only for goods or services for the official business of the B&ECPL and consistent with other policies, including but not limited to the B&ECPL’s Procurement Policy.
- Documentation detailing the goods and services purchased and the business purpose for said purchase must be submitted before payment can be approved.
- The cardholders are responsible for the protection of the respective credit cards and are responsible to immediately notify the financial institution issuing the card and the B&ECPL’s Business Office if the card is lost or stolen.
- The balance due on the credit card and business charge accounts will be paid within the balance period indicated on the monthly statement. The B&ECPL accepts full responsibility for authorized debt incurred on these accounts.
- Cardholders must immediately surrender the credit card upon leaving the employ of the B&ECPL.
- The B&ECPL Library Director or his/her designee shall maintain procedures to insure the objectives of this policy are achieved.
Adopted September 17, 2015 per Resolution 2015-29.