The Library accepts printed materials of educational, cultural or civic interest to the community for general distribution. Distribution of materials does not indicate Library endorsement of the ideas, issues or events promoted by those materials.
• Library materials receive priority for distribution.
- Any materials to be considered for distribution must be submitted to Library management for approval. Only authorized Library personnel may approve materials for distribution. Materials left without authorization will be discarded.
- Display and distribution depend on space available for such purposes. The Library reserves the right to limit quantities. The Library may limit the frequency with which materials may be distributed by the same organization.
- Materials will be removed when they are no longer timely or when space is required for more current items.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any materials delivered for distribution. Materials will not be returned.
The following will not be accepted for distribution:
• Materials endorsing or opposing the election of any candidate for public office
• Materials endorsing or opposing the adoption of federal, state or local legislation
• Materials promoting commercial products or services
Distribution of community information is based on the provisions of this policy and not on the content, viewpoints, beliefs or affiliations of the organizations that generate that information. Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of distribution privileges.
Adopted May 18th,2006