Library display cases and exhibit space are intended for exhibits or displays related to library business or library-sponsored activities and public service items of educational, cultural or civic interest to the community. Mounting of exhibits or displays does not indicate Library endorsement of the ideas, issues or events promoted by those exhibits or displays.
• Exhibit or display space may not be used for commercial purposes.
- The duration of any display or exhibit is subject to the discretion of Library management. The requirements of the Library take precedence over those of exhibitors. Should the Library require a display case or exhibit space for its own use, the Library reserves the right to pre-empt such space upon three days written notice to the exhibitor.
- In fairness to numerous community groups, the Library may limit the frequency with which exhibits or displays may be mounted by the same organization.
- Installation and subsequent removal of displays or exhibits are the responsibility of the applicant. Displays or exhibits that are not removed on or prior to the date established by Library management will be removed by the Library. Any expense for such removal becomes the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Neither the Library nor the Library Board accepts responsibility for loss or damage to any exhibit or display.
- Potential exhibitors must complete an application and a release form before Library management will consider any exhibit or display. No installations are permitted without authorization of Library management.
- Identification of the sponsor/exhibitor must be included in the display on a card or plaque no larger than 3 x 5. Such identification must include the name and contact information of the sponsoring agency and/or its authorized representative.
Permission to mount exhibits or displays is based on the provisions of this policy and not on the content, viewpoints, beliefs or affiliations of the organizations responsible for those exhibits or displays. Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of exhibit or display privileges.
Download the Exhibitors Application and a Release Form here BuffaloDisplay.pdf [205kb PDF]
Adopted May 18th, 2006