Library display cases and exhibit space are intended for exhibits or displays related to library business or library-sponsored activities and public service items of educational, cultural or civic interest to the community. Mounting of exhibits or displays does not indicate Library endorsement of the ideas, issues or events promoted by those exhibits or displays.
- Potential exhibitors must complete the Exhibits and Displays Application and Release Form a minimum of 21 days in advance for consideration by Library management. No installations are permitted without authorization of Library management.
- The duration of any exhibit/display is subject to the discretion of Library management. The requirements of the Library take precedence over those of exhibitors. Should the Library require a display case or exhibit space for its own use, the Library reserves the right to pre-empt such space upon three days written notice to the exhibitor.
- The sponsor/exhibitor must supply information for a standard display card that will be produced by the Library. Information is to include the name and contact information of the sponsoring agency and/or its authorized representative and the title of the exhibit/display.
- In fairness to numerous community groups, the Library may limit the frequency with which exhibits/displays may be mounted by the same organization.
- Exhibits/displays that are not removed on or prior to the date established by Library management will be removed by the Library. Any expense for such removal becomes the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Installation and removal of the exhibit/display will be under the guidance of Buffalo & Erie County Public Library personnel. Expenses incurred for insurance, installation, materials, mounting, removal or security are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- Neither the Library nor the Library Board accepts responsibility for loss or damage to any exhibit/display.
- Exhibit/display space may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Permission to mount an exhibit/display is based on the provisions of this policy and not on the content, viewpoints, beliefs or affiliations of the organizations responsible for those exhibits/displays. Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of exhibit/display privileges.
Adopted May 18, 2006
Amended December 19, 2013, per Res. 2013-45.