For Immediate Release: December 27, 2012
For More Information: Joy Testa Cinquino, firstname.lastname@example.org, 716-858-7182
List of Most Popular Borrowed Materials from Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System
The list of the most popular items borrowed through the Buffalo & Erie County Public Libraries in 2012 is hot off the press. Based on borrowers from all 37 Libraries the list includes the top 3 most popular and most requested book titles along with the top downloaded eBook titles.
1. The Litigators by John Grisham
2. Private Games by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan
3. The Innocent by David Baldacci
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
2. Killing Lincoln: the Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O’Reilly
3. In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’ Berlin by Erik Larson
1. Catching Fire (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
2. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney
1. LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary by Simon Beecroft
2. The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary: How Greg Heffley Went Hollywood by Jeff Kinney
3. The LEGO Ideas Book: Unlock Your Imagination by Daniel Lipkowitz
Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
Too Close to the Falls by Catherine McClure Gildiner
Most Requested Books
1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
3. Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Library System Director Mary Jean Jakubowski had two favorite reads in 2012. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown and The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers.
”The Weird Sisters is quirky, funny and sweet. And of course it is a librarian who plays a significant role in helping the sisters find their way in life,” said Ms. Jakubowski.
The Yellow Birds was written by a veteran of the Iraqi War. “In the story there is a powerful reflection of friendship, bravery and sacrifice for both the soldiers and their families. It will draw you in and leave you wrought with emotion.” She added: “I would highly recommend each of these books but for very different reasons. If you are looking for light and airy reading try The Weird Sisters, for a book with much more intensity and raw emotion, definitely checkout The Yellow Birds.”
The Library System welcomes hearing about your favorite reads. Become a fan of our Facebook page (Buffalo & Erie County Public Library - Central Library) and post your book recommendations. The Library System has more than 3 million materials available for borrowing through the 37-branch system including downloadable eBooks and music, DVDs and books on CD. Free library card applications can be downloaded and taken to any local public library for processing. A valid form of identification and proof of address is necessary. Those under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to obtain a card and the guardian is required to have valid identification. For more information, visit www.BuffaloLib.org .