Steel's : a forgotten stock market scandal from the 1920s /
|Main Author:||Dyer, Dave.|
Syracuse University Press, 2013
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The man who did almost everything right : the right business at the right time in the right place
- The creative promise of the L.R. Steel Company : ten thousand lollipops
- Inventing the infomercial : fifty endings
- The life of a salesman at the L.R. Steel Company : "how's yer pep?"
- The stores : the best fifty-cent chicken dinner in Canada
- The Denver miracle : "meet me at Steel's corner"
- The late-night meeting : "well, folks, here we are"
- L.R.'s last train ride : "I was awakened by a peculiar sound"
- Was it a Ponzi scheme? : Would a crook live next to a chicken farm?
- What went wrong? : failure is an option
- The legacy of failure : life goes on
- or not.
Stealing the market : how the giant brokerage firms, with help form the SEC, stole the stock market from investors /
By: Mayer, Martin, 1928- Published: (1992)
Confessions of a Wall Street analyst : a true story of inside information and corruption in the stock market /
By: Reingold, Dan, 1953- Published: (2006)
You will make money in your sleep : the story of Dana Giacchetto, financial adviser to the stars /
By: White, Emily, 1966- Published: (2007)
The billionaire's apprentice : the rise of the Indian-American elite and the fall of the Galleon hedge fund /
By: Raghavan, Anita. Published: (2013)
License to steal : the secret world of Wall Street and the systematic plundering of the American investor /
By: Gilman, Scott. Published: (1999)