Ring of Knowledge: Mainfloor, Central Library
On April 2, 1821, New York State officially recognized the county of Erie as a distinct and separate county from Niagara.
“We this day publish the act for dividing the county of Niagara. All that part of the original county of Niagara, lying north of the Tonewanta Creek is erected into a new county, retaining the name of Niagara, and the residue is called Erie.” (As reported in the Niagara Patriot newspaper, April 23, 1821)
The Ring of Knowledge exhibit commemorates the bicentennial of Erie County and highlights the history, accomplishments and the people who built our communities.
Copyright 2015· All rights reserved