Looking for something new to do? Read on to learn about Central's winter virtual teen programming!
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
TAG is a group of teens, ages 13 to 17, who meet once a month via Zoom to help the library figure out how to best serve teens and others. It's a great opportunity to build leadership skills, work on creative projects, and meet new people.
Time: 3:30-5:00 pm
- Friday, December 11
- Friday, January 8
- Friday, February 12
- Friday, March 12
- Friday, April 9
Teen Take and Make Craft Hangout
Each month, teens pick up a different Take and Make Craft bag at the Central library and join others, via zoom, to make the craft, listen to music and hang out. Registration is required for this program.
- Friday, December 18 Craft: Among Us clay figures
- Friday, January 15 Craft: Dragon eggs
- Friday, February 19 Craft: Mini book key chains
- Friday, March 19 Craft: Soft circuit light-up cuff
- Friday, April 16 Craft: Advances soft circuit light-up cuff
Online Teen Manga Club
Join us on our Discord Server for discussions about your favorite anime and manga. Share your artwork and connect with other teens who have similar interests. To join get your parent's permission, make a Discord account and follow the link: https://discord.gg/eu3Mg2fAwB. Follow the directions from Carl-bot for full access. This program is hosted by the North Park Library.
Reader's Quest Middle School Book Group
For youth in 5th-8th grade. This book group is run like a Battle of the Books program. Participants are asked trivia questions from the month's selection. Copies of these books are available, at the Central Library, for participants to keep.
- Meeting: Saturday, December 12 Book: The War that Saved My Life
- Meeting: Saturday, January 9 Book: Tale of Despereaux (downloadable versions)
- Meeting: Saturday, February 20 Book: Three Times Lucky
- Meeting: Saturday, March 20 Book: The Iron Trial
- Meeting: Saturday, April 17 Book: The Sixty-Eight Rooms
Rising Voices Social Justice Book Discussion Group
For teens in 9th-12th grade.
- Meeting: Saturday, December 12 Book: Unwind
- Meeting: Saturday, January 9 Book: When the Moon Was Ours
- Meeting: Saturday, February 20 Book: The Cruel Prince
- Meeting: Saturday, March 20 Book: Darius the Great is Not Okay
- Meeting: Saturday, April 17 Book: One of Us is Lying
You can request physical books to be sent to any BECPL library or download an ebook or audio book. Don't have a library card? You can apply for one online.
Most programs meet via Zoom. You can participate on your computer, tablet, or phone. Invitation is through email and will not be made public. To obtain Zoom link, or get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.