Ongoing Winter Programs
- Toddler Time - Two sessions are offered at 10:30am on Tuesdays and Fridays respectively. Session runs from January 10th to February 17th. For children up to 3 years old. Treat your toddler to some song and stories! Toddlers must bring an adult lap to sit on. Please register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Preschool Story Time - Thursdays at 10:30am from January 12th to February 16th. For ages 3-5. Prepare your child for school with our Children's Librarian, Jessi! We'll be doing stories, games and crafts! Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Joy of Trains "Winter Wonderland" - Saturday, February 4th from 11:00am-2:00pm. For all ages. In celebration of "Take Your Child to the Library Day," join us for a hands-on winter wonderland train adventure! If you love trains sets, stop in at the Elma Public Library for some great hands-on fun! Presented by Dean M. Hunneshagen. Sponsored by the Friends of the Elma Public Library. No need to register.
- Adult Painting Class! - Saturday, February 11th from 1:00-2:30pm. Paint like an Impressionist! Reimagine Claude Monet's famous Water Lilies using techniques in watercolor and oil pastel. Beginners are welcome. Supplies will be provided. Please register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Teen Yoga Night - Monday, February 13th at 6:30pm. For ages 11-17. Join us for a peaceful and relaxing yoga session for all skill levels. Yoga mats will be provided, or feel free to bring your own, if you wish. Please register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, February 15th at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is Dig by A.S. King. Sign up by calling 652-2719 or stop in at the library. We'll provide you with a copy of the book! All are welcome!
- Computer Class: Book a Technology Trainer - Saturday, February 18th from 11:00am to 2:00pm. Need computer assistance? We can help! These free 45 minute sessions are designed to assist with software support or Internet training. Topics include training on the Microsoft Office suite and even how to download books onto your tablet or iPhone. Pre-registration is required by calling 716-652-2719 or by stopping in.
- Building Balance for Seniors - Wednesday, February 22nd from 1:00 to 3:00pm. Balance is important in everyday life and this class will help improve your ability to feel strong and stable. Learn some exercises that you can practice at home to improve balance and flexibility. This is a free class for seniors presented by SilverSneakers. Register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover Pajama Party! - Wednesday, February 22nd at 6:30pm. Have you ever wondered what happens at the library when it's closed? We will share our secrets with your stuffed animal friends at our Stuffed Animal Sleepover Pajama Party! Join us as we read goodnight stories to your stuffed animal and tuck it in for the night. Feel free to wear your jammies! Come pick up your animal at 10:30am the next day and see what your stuffed animal was up to! Please register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, February 25th at 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! We provide the Legos, and you build! Call 652-2719 to register.
- Family Movie Matinee: "Strange World" - Saturday, March 11th at 1:00pm. Looking for something to do on a Saturday? Come to the Elma Library for a free showing of the new family film - "Strange World"! Feel free to bring pillows and blankets from home, and cozy up for an afternoon of popcorn, snacks and a movie! Rated PG. No need to register.
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, March 15th at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is TBD. Sign up by calling 652-2719 or stop in at the library. We'll provide you with a copy of the book! All are welcome!
- Chair Yoga - Monday, March 20th at 1:00pm. Yoga in a chair?! Yes! You don't need to get down on the floor to experience the benefits of yoga. This class will include both seated postures and standing postures that use a chair for support. All fitness levels are welcome. A yoga mat to place under the chair is recommended. Please call 716-652-2719 to register.
- Stop the Bleed - Wednesday, March 22nd at 6:30pm. This class will teach you how to control massive bleeding, whether caused by household injuries, vehicle or workplace accidents, or acts of violence. You will be provided with essential knowledge on how to provide immediate help to an injured person until more qualified first responders or medical personnel arrive. That knowledge can lead to better outcomes for that injured person, and may even save their life. This class includes hands-on training with mannequins and tourniquets. Please call 716-652-2719 to register.
- Computer Class: Book a Technology Trainer - Friday, March 24th from 1:00-4:00pm. Need computer assistance? We can help! These free 45 minute sessions are designed to assist with software support or Internet training. Topics include training on the Microsoft Office suite and even how to download books onto your tablet or iPhone. Pre-registration is required by calling 716-652-2719 or by stopping in.
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, March 25th at 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! We provide the Legos, and you build! Call 652-2719 to register.
Individuals in need of an accommodation for any program listed above may contact the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of a program.
A new Virtual Learning/Homeschooling subject guide has been added to the Library website. This is a great educational resource for any families and children learning from home this fall! It features learning resources for all grade levels, as well as virtual tours of museums, zoos, aquariums and historical sites! Click here to check it out!