LIBRARY CARD REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available at all B&ECPL libraries.
Printable Library Card Applications. Available in multiple languages!
What Do You Need To Get a Library Card?
All applicants must provide photo identification and proof of their permanent address. Requirements may vary depending on the Type of Library Card Account.
Acceptable proof of permanent address include:
One of the following:
- Driver's license with current street address. [Note: PO Box is not acceptable; additional address verification will be requested.]
- Picture identification card with name, current address and signature.
- Dwelling lease.
- Voter's registration card with current address.
One from each of the following sections:
- Current utility bill issued within 30 days in the name of the applicant.
- Envelope postmarked within 30 days addressed to the applicant
- Automobile registration in the name of the applicant.
- Signed credit card.
- Signed social security card.
- Signed school identification card.
Persons not able to furnish the identifications noted above may consult with their local library or contact the Central Library at 716-858-8900 regarding acceptable alternatives.
For youth under the age of 17, or youth between 17 and 18 years of age who do not have proper identification, proof of identification must be provided by the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be present when the application is submitted.
Library cards that are lost, stolen, or damaged will be replaced at no charge. Visit your local branch to get a free replacement card.
Borrowers should immediately report lost or stolen cards to any B&ECPL location. The registered borrower is responsible for all use of the library card. Possession of a valid card implies authorized use.