We are open to the public. If you want to arrange for curbside pick up, give us a call!
Monday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
You must bring photo ID or your library card to check out items.
We can now place holds on items at other libraries for no charge!
Any Returns will be accepted inside the library during open hours or in our drop box at the front of the building 24/7.
Book donations are not accepted at this time. We usually accept donations beginning in May.
Thank you so much, and can't wait to see you soon!
Additional information about our Safety and Reopening Plans, as well as information about our plans for micro-cluster designations are available on our website under "What's Happening" and "Board Info"
Meeting Room Policy and Application
- Lego Club is returning the last Tuesday of each month! Registration required and limited, please call for details and registration.
- Monthly Scavenger Hunts - Come do a scavenger hunt through the children's area. Find all the clues and bring it up to the desk for a prize. Best for ages 5-12.
- Yo-Yo Program - Tuesday, 6/6 at 4 pm - Ages 8-14 - Please call to register
- Donut Celebration - Monday 6/12 at 6 pm - Please call to register
- Kindness Story Time - Tuesday 6/20 at 6 pm - Please call to register
- Jewelry Making Extravaganza Thursday 6/22 5:30-6:30 - drop in!
- Sea Shell Story Time - Saturday 6/24 at 11 am - Please call to register
Awesome Take & Makes will be available every week! Check Facebook for a demo each Monday, and stop in to pick up a kit while supplies last!
Young Adult Programming
- Teen Book Bundles - NEW! Enjoy a box full of specially selected Library Books, along with snacks and other surprises. Return the books and box after 3 weeks, and keep everything else. Sign up by filling out form here before the first of each month. For grades 7-12.
- YA Book Club now meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 3 pm. Visit the library for more info and to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Upcoming YA Book Club titles:
- June 14 - New Kid - Jerry Craft
- July 12 - Caraval
- Adult Craft is back! Our next craft will be Saturday, June 10th to make Book Hedgehogs. Call for times and registration!
- Adult Movie - "Jerry and Marge Go Large" 7/7@ 1 pm - Join us for a movie the first Friday of each month at 1 pm. We will bring the popcorn!
- Adult Evening Book Club's next meeting is Tuesday 6/13 at 5:30 pm reading "A Gentleman in Moscow". Visit the library to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Adult Morning Book Club's next meeting is Monday 6/12 at 11 am reading "Giver of Stars". Visit the library to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Collins Crochet now has 2 sessions! Registration required and limited for each.
- Afternoon next meeting is Wednesday, 6/21 at 3 pm
- Evenings next meeting is Thursday, 6/29 at 5:30 pm
- Computer Basics Class - Saturday 6/17 at 11 am - call for registration and availability.
For any of our programming, if you require accommodation, please contact the library 7 days before the program.
More programs coming soon!
Chromebook and Wi-Fi Hotspot Lending
Come check out a Chromebook and Wi-Fi hotspot to for free internet from home!
Request it with your Library Card and PIN through the catalog.
Check out period is 1 week, you can connect the Chromebook or your home devices to the hotspot. Children 16 and younger need internet permission on their library card and a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Call for more details. Must be picked up from and returned to owning library.
Sports Equipment Lending Program:
Now you can check out sports equipment through the Library!
We have kids sized lacrosse and basketball kits available for check out, free with a library card. (Best for ages 5+)
Also Kids under the age of 17 who have fees can get them removed when the sports equipment it checked out!
Sponsored by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, and winner if the 2021 Penguin Random House Library award for Innovation.
*Parent or guardian must sign a waiver and be present the first time equipment is borrowed. Equipment must be borrowed from and returned to our library. Equipment available for individuals, groups, and camps.
More info available here:
Snowshoe Kit Soccer Kit
Library of Things:
Check out what's available through our catalog!
JUST ADDED! Adult snowshoes!
Check out more than just books! Borrow a metal detector, tennis set, and more! Items must be borrowed from and returned to the Collins Library with an Adult card. Call for more details.
Check out Facebook or YouTube Library of Things as we demo each of our items.
What's next? We're working on new ideas!
Check out our YouTube Page for programs
The Friends of the Collins Library are always looking for new members!