Hours for 2022:
Preschool Story Time
Thursdays at 11:00 AM from September 15th - December 22nd
For ages 2 - 6. Call 716-941-3516 to register.
Holiday Villages Craft- POSTPONED to December 3rd
Saturday, November 19th from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
All ages welcome (younger children will require an adult to assist with this project). We will be making and decorating paper holiday villages. Call 716-941-3516 to reserve your spot. Space is limited and registration is required so we have enough supplies for everyone attending.
Book Club - The Vanishing Half - POSTPONED to January
Tuesday, November 29th from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Join us for a discussion of Brit Bennett's The Vanishing Half. Call 716-941-3516 to register.
Holiday Card Making Workshop
Saturday, December 3rd from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
All ages welcome! We will have all the supplies necessary to make your own holiday greeting cards to send to friends and family. Create your own masterpieces to spread holiday cheer. Call 716-941-3516 to register to attend.
Christmas Ornament Workshops
Thursday, December 8th at 5:00 PM or Friday, December 9th at 3:30 PM
All ages welcome. December's craft will be Christmas Ornaments. We will have several different options available that are perfect for gifts or decorating your own tree. All supplies provided for free to pre-registered attendees. Call 716-941-3516 to reserve your spot!
Family Story Time
Tuesday, December 20th from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Join us for a special family story time all about Winter! Listen to stories and songs, play games, and make a winter themed craft.
Recommended for ages 3-8 but all are welcome! Call 716-941-3516 to register.
Curbside/Walk-Up Services Continue to be Available:
Call the library 716-941-3516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during open hours to request titles from items available at the Boston Free Library. Check the library's online catalog using the "Limit Search Results" selecting "Boston" to see currently available items. A staff member will record the titles requested and check them out on your library card.
Now you can check out sports equipment through the library!
Available kits include:
- Kid's Sized Tennis Kits: 2 rackets and 4 tennis balls - courts open and free to use behind the Boston Town Hall and at Sprague Brook Park
- Kid's Snowshoe Kits - perfect for a winter day at Sprague Brook or on any of the nearby trails! (Best for ages 5+).
- Two sizes available: Small and Large Youth Sizes
Also Kids under the age of 17 who have fees on their library card can get them removed when the sports equipment is checked out!
Sponsored by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, and winner of the 2021 Penguin Random House Library award for Innovation.
* A parent or guardian must sign a waiver and be present the first time equipment is borrowed. Equipment must be borrowed from and returned to the Boston Free Library.
Library of Things
Check out what items are available through our catalog!
Images of all items available here.
The Boston Free Library has the following items available for 7-day loan period. Must be checked out on a valid adult library card and picked up and returned at the Boston Library during open hours.
- Sports Action Camera
- Green Screen
- Outdoor Projector and Screen
- Trail Camera
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp
- Digital Radon Detector
- Metal Detector
- Karaoke System
- Bubble Machine
- Film Slide, Negative and Photo Converter
- Super 8 and 8 mm Film Converter
- Record Player - Converts Vinyl, Cassette and CD to USB Flash Drive
- ClearClick Video Converter - Converts VHS or other video sources to digital
- VHS-C Adapter
- HDMI Cloner Box
- Osmo Genius Kit
- Makey Makey
Purchase of these items was made possible by funding generously secured by Senator Gallivan.
Chromebook Kits (Chromebook + Hotspot) are now available to check out at the Boston Free Library.
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. Must be picked up and returned at the Boston Library; not eligible for reservations.
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jenga
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Ball
3D Printing at the Boston Library
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Printer available for use
- stl files accepted by email, web link, or USB with approval based on the library's 3D Printer Policy
- Fees based on weight of the finished project at $.05 per gram
- PLA, ABS and PETg available; colors subject to change
- Check out Thingiverse.com for ideas about what types of things can be printed
Cricut Maker Machine
- Available for public use during library hours
- Basic cardstock provided, patrons are responsible for providing any other appropriate materials for projects