633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- 21 public access computers and two scanners, all of which having printing capabilities.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Mezzanine Bookshop, located on the 2nd floor
- Community Space, capacity 75, click here for applications and more information.
- Internet access and WiFi
- Requests: $.25 for adult print & audio. $1 for adult DVD/Blu-Ray. Juvenile items have no charge.
- Unclaimed Requests: $100 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Hello everyone! We all miss our patrons and fellow staff members and hope you are all staying safe!
While we may be closed for now, Mr. Dan is still going to be providing storytime and crafting virtually via Facebook. You can check the dates and times at the following links.
Virtual Storytime: https://www.facebook.com/events/985617388503121/
Virtual Craft Night: https://www.facebook.com/events/2666074657009676/
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.