633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- Due to construction, computers may be limited and only have 1 scanner available.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Community Space, capacity 75, click here for applications and more information.
- Internet access and WiFi
- Mobile Printing
- Requests: No Fees
- Unclaimed Requests: $1.00 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Starting Wednesday, August 18 Crane Branch Library will be temporarily closed due to construction. We are expected to reopen in mid-October or sooner depending on the construction progress. The specific reopening date will be posted here and at www.buffalolib.org homepage. The dropbox will be closed during this time.
The Library on Wheels Bookmobile will be stationed nearby at Bidwell Parkway located in the Elmwood Village when their schedule permits. Please visit https://www.buffalolib.org/locations-hours/bookmobile for a list of their hours.
All holds standing holds will be rerouted to the Isaías González-Soto Branch Library located at 280 Porter Avenue at Niagara Street. They will have additional hours by opening on Tuesday from 9 to 5. Their hours are as follows:
Monday and Wednesday, 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
B&ECPL Reopening and Safety Plan for Libraries located in the City of Buffalo – COVID-19
Handling Materials during COVID-19
Protective Measures to Reduce Risk of Exposure to COVID-19
Take a tour of Crane with our new safety precautions in place: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=697141880851785
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.