633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- 21 public access computers and two scanners, all of which having printing capabilities.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Mezzanine Bookshop, located on the 2nd floor
- Community Space, capacity 75, click here for applications and more information.
- Internet access and WiFi
- Requests: $.25 for adult print & audio. $1 for adult DVD/Blu-Ray. Juvenile items have no charge.
- Unclaimed Requests: $1.00 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Effective December 29, 2020 Crane Branch Library will be OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and will continue to
offer Walk-up and Curbside Service
Not sure what to order for curb side pick? Miss browsing? Check out our digital browsing list at www.tinyurl.com/CraneBrowsing
To take advantage of Walk-up or Curbside Service:
- Call 716-883-6651 between 11:00 am-7:00 pm Monday and Thursday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm on Tuesday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm on Friday and 10:00 am-4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Requests must be placed at least 1/2 hour prior to pick up time and must be picked up the same day.
- A staff member will call to notify you when your items are ready for pick up.
- Walk-Up Service will be provided at the front entrance on Elmwood Avenue.
- Please call 716-883-6651 to notify staff of your arrival.
- Pick-up times are 11:30-6:30 pm Monday and Thursday, 9:30 am–4:30 pm on Tuesday, 10:30-5:30 on Friday and 10:30 am – 3:30 pm on Saturday.
B&ECPL Reopening and Safety Plan for Libraries located in the City of Buffalo – COVID-19
Handling Materials during COVID-19
Protective Measures to Reduce Risk of Exposure to COVID-19
Pre-entry Health Questionnaire (Questionnaire is for Library employees, vendors and in-house tenants.)
Mr. Dan is still going to be providing storytime and crafting virtually via Facebook on a weekly basis. Follow us at https://www.facebook.com/CraneBranchLibrary
Take a tour of Crane with our new safety precautions in place: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=697141880851785
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.