633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- Due to construction, computers may be limited and only have 1 scanner available.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Community Space, capacity 75 (not available due to construction)
- Internet access and WiFi
- Mobile Printing
- Requests: No Fees
- Unclaimed Requests: $1.00 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Please come in to say hello! We are still undergoing construction so we thank you for your understanding!
What is Going on at Crane?
- Craft bags are currently available and themed to this years summer reading theme, "An Ocean of Possibilities." Summer reading charts will start June 13th.
- We are having a massive booksale! Everything is $.25 and because of our ongoing construction project, we are not looking to accept anymore donations at the moment.
- Covid testing kits are once again available!! Graciously donated by Assemblymember Ryan's
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.