633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- Due to construction, computers may be limited and only have 1 scanner available.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Community Space, capacity 75, click here for applications and more information.
- Internet access and WiFi
- Requests: No Fees
- Unclaimed Requests: $1.00 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Crane Branch Library will be CLOSED from June 14th to June 16th for construction
Open hours as of February 2021
Monday 11 - 7
Tuesday 9 - 5
Thursday 11 - 7
Friday 10 - 6
Saturday 10 - 4
Closed on Sundays & major holidays.
To take advantage of Walk-up or Curbside Service:
- Call 716-883-6651 between 11:00 am-7:00 pm Monday and Thursday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm on Tuesday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm on Friday and 10:00 am-4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Requests must be placed at least 1/2 hour prior to pick up time and must be picked up the same day.
- A staff member will call to notify you when your items are ready for pick up.
- Walk-Up Service will be provided at the front entrance on Elmwood Avenue.
- Please call 716-883-6651 to notify staff of your arrival.
- Pick-up times are 11:30-6:30 pm Monday and Thursday, 9:30 am–4:30 pm on Tuesday, 10:30-5:30 on Friday and 10:30 am – 3:30 pm on Saturday.
B&ECPL Reopening and Safety Plan for Libraries located in the City of Buffalo – COVID-19
Handling Materials during COVID-19
Protective Measures to Reduce Risk of Exposure to COVID-19
Pre-entry Health Questionnaire (Questionnaire is for Library employees, vendors and in-house tenants.)
Take a tour of Crane with our new safety precautions in place: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=697141880851785
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.