633 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14222
Located on the northeast corner of Elmwood and Highland Avenues (Between Lexington and West Ferry). Wheelchair accessible except for auditorium and rest rooms.
- 21 public access computers and two scanners, all of which having printing capabilities.
- 5 laptops for in-house use, one of which is reserved for Skype use
- Mezzanine Bookshop, located on the 2nd floor
- Community Space, capacity 75, click here for applications and more information.
- Internet access and WiFi
- Requests: $.25 for adult print & audio. $1 for adult DVD/Blu-Ray. Juvenile items have no charge.
- Unclaimed Requests: $100 for all media items and $.50 for all print items.
- Printing: $.10 for black & white, $.25 for color.
- Copier: $.15 for standard, $.30 for legal
- Overdue Fees for Adults: $.25 per item, per day for books & audio. $1 per item per day for adult movies.
- Overdue Fees for Children: $.10 per item per day for all books and audio. $1 per item per day for all movies.
The Crane Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Family Playtime 10:30-12:30 with goodie bags and stories from Mr Dan.
Shrinky Dink Charms 4-5 PM
Preschool Storytime is held every Tuesday at 11:00 AM! Join us for fingerplay, songs, stories, and crafts.
Toddler Storytime is held every Friday at 10:15 AM! Join us for fingerplay, songs, stories, and crafts.
Button Making is held every first Monday at 5:00 PM! On January 6th, come with your own pictures or use the library provided ones to make your own buttons or magnets.
Craft Night is held every Saturday at 4:00 PM! Our crafts for January: Marbled Paper (1/4), Acorn Necklaces (1/11), Peacock Corks (1/18), Chinese New Year Craft (1/25).
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.