975 Hertel Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216
Our site has the following features:
- Ample parking
- Handicap accessible
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Ongoing Booksale
- 5,000 square feet of space
- Meeting room for community use with conference tables & chairs, 75 inch TV and projector available for presentations
- 22 Public Computers with Microsoft Office free for public use
- 5 Children’s Computers
- 2 Catalog Computers
- 1 Laptop for in-house use (includes Skype)
- Scanner (free)
- Printer (10 cents per black and white print, 25 cents for color)
- Copy Machine (black and white only, 15 cents per page) with scanning capabilities
- Charging station for multiple devices
- Ample seating to relax with a book or a magazine
- Children's area
- 2 self-checkout stations
What's currently happening with the old building?
Centro Culturale Italiano di Buffalo, or CCI, plans to give it new life by transforming it into an Italian-American Cultural Center.
Why was the old North Park Library closed?
Buffalo and Erie County's North Park Branch was closed in late April 2008 when routine site preparation test results indicated elevated levels of lead dust in public areas of the building.
The North Park Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
- Call 716-875-3748 between 10:00 am-6:00 pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 11:00 am-7:00 pm on Wednesday and Thursday and 10:00 am-4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Requests must be placed at least 1/2 hour prior to pick up time and must be picked up the same day.
- A staff member will call to notify you when your items are ready for pick up.
- Walk-Up Service will be provided at the front entrance and Curbside service in the parking lot (front row).
- Please call 716-875-3748 to notify staff of your arrival.
- Pick-up times are 10:30-5:30 pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 11:30 am–6:30 pm on Wednesday and Thursday and 10:30 am-3:30 pm on Saturday.
For the safety of our staff and patrons, everyone must wear a face covering and social distancing measures will be followed.
B&ECPL Reopening and Safety Plan for Libraries located in the City of Buffalo – COVID-19
Handling Materials during COVID-19
Protective Measures to Reduce Risk of Exposure to COVID-19
Pre-entry Health Questionnaire (Questionnaire is for Library employees, vendors and in-house tenants.)
2020 Summer Reading Raffle
Now through August 14th, North Park kids can earn raffle tickets by reading! Kids and teens can track their reading time at home using one of our reading logs. Click HERE to download reading logs. They can also be picked up in the library. Every reading log completed can be exchanged for a raffle ticket!
Submit your completed reading log by:
- Facebook messenger - https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- dropping it off in the library
The more raffle tickets you submit, the greater the prizes! Prizes will not be distributed until after August 14th.
Questions? Message us on facebook, send an email, or give us a call at 716-875-3748.
Find us on Facebook!
Every Monday at 12PM check our Facebook page for a fun, all-ages craft or activity!
June 29th - DIY Window Clings https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL/posts/10151392730479944
July 6th - Tee Shirt Tote Bags https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL/posts/10151397177869944
July 13th - Handmade Soap https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL/posts/10151401422074944
July 20 - DIY Sharpie Mugs https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL/posts/10151405576819944
July 27- Giant Paper Dahlias https://www.facebook.com/NPKBECPL/posts/10151409419654944
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.