820 Tonawanda St.
Buffalo, NY 14207
Located two blocks north of the intersection of Tonawanda and Ontario Streets
- Fully Accessible
- Parking lot is located on Prairie St. behind the library
- Drop box - located outside the Prairie St. entrance; available 24 hours a day
Public Access Computers
- 12 Public Access Computers and 1 scanner
- 2 Children's Computers
- 2 Online Catalog/Computer Reservation
- 3 Laptop Computers for in-house use (includes 1 Skype Laptop)
- Printing - $.10/page for black & white printing; $.25/page for color printing
- Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access
- Wi-Fi available
- Black & white copies only - color copies not available at this location
- $.15 per copy (8.5 X 11 size); $.30 per copy (8.5 X 14 or 11X 17 sizes)
- Accepts $1 bills and coins (no pennies)
Fax Machine - $1.75 for first page, $1 each additional page
2 self checkout units conveniently available
Request fees - $.25 for adult print or audio materials; $1 for DVDs and Blu-Rays
Unclaimed Holds Fees - $1 ALL media items; $.50 ALL print items
- Applications available to organizations and groups interested in holding activities or meetings
- Seating capacity is 40
- All meetings are open to the public
The Riverside Branch Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
The Elaine M. Panty Branch Library (formerly Riverside) Branch Library is now
open to the public!
View our reopening video here
For the safety of our staff and patrons, everyone must wear a face covering and social distancing measures will be followed.
B&ECPL Reopening and Safety Plan for Libraries located in the City of Buffalo – COVID-19
Handling Materials during COVID-19
Protective Measures to Reduce Risk of Exposure to COVID-19
Pre-entry Health Questionnaire (Questionnaire is for Library employees, vendors and in-house tenants.)
*Returned library materials will be quarantined for 96 hours to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.
Your account will reflect that materials remain checked out for an additional numbers of days during the quarantine time frame. Items returned on time will not accrue fines or fees.
Library System Information on the Board of Trustees
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body for the downtown Central Library, and the eight branch libraries located in the city of Buffalo. These include: Crane, Dudley, East Clinton, Frank E. Merriweather, Jr., North Park, Elaine M. Panty Branch Library, Isaías González-Soto Branch Library, and the Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Branch Library.
All System Board of Trustee meetings and committee meetings are open to the public
To see monthly board meeting schedules, agendas and minutes, click here.