9475 Boston State Rd.
Boston, NY 14025
Located on Boston State Road, (Route 391), between Boston Cross and Boston Colden Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available
Public Access Computers: 6 computers, networked (printing 10 cents per page B&W, 25 cents color) Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room available. Click Here for Community Meeting Room Rules
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. We have Corn Hole, Bocce, Giant Jenga, Volleyball/Badminton, Croquet, Kubb, Can Jam, and Ladder Ball. Stop in to check them out for your next party!
Did you know when you shop on Amazon.com, you can donate a portion of your sale to the Boston Free Library? When shopping, be sure to follow the link below to get to our "Amazon Smile" page. Thank you for supporting your library!
Boston Free Library Policies
The Boston Free Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Curbside/Walk-Up Services are still available. To take advantage of these services:
Call the library 716-941-3516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during these hours to request up to 10 items per library card per day from the items available at the Boston Free Library. Check the library's online catalog using the "Limit Search Results" selecting "Boston" to see currently available items. A staff member will record the titles requested and check them out on your library card.
A pickup time will be arranged with curbside or walk-up specified. Walk-up items will be placed in the foyer upon arrival for pickup. Your safety is very important to us. Face coverings are required and social distancing will be in effect. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Items can be returned at any time in our drop box. Library materials will be quarantined for 96 hours after return and will remain on your card during this time, but will be backdated so no fees will accumulate from items returned on time.
For the health and safety of our staff, we are not accepting book/material donations at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Virtual (online) Programming will continue.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all library programming is taking place online.
Below are the Board approved reopening and safety plans for the Boston Free Library:
Monday, October 5th - Saturday, October 24th during library hours:
Large book sale of donated items: adult hardcover books, paperbacks, nonfiction, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and lots of children's books all priced between $0.25-$1.00.
To allow social distancing and proper cleaning, only one person or family unit will be able to browse the sale at a time. Call 716-941-3516 to schedule an appointment (scheduling will begin September 21st). Walk-ins will be welcomed based on availability.
Basket Raffle tickets will be sold for $5.00 per sheet of tickets or 5 sheets for $20.00. Tickets for the raffle will be sold from October 5th - October 24th with the drawing occurring on October 24th at 2:00 PM. You do not need to be present to win.
Virtual Craft Programs:
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. Must be picked up and returned at the Boston Library; not eligible for reservations.
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jenga
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Ball
Library of Things
The Boston Free Library has the following items available for 7-day loan period. Must be checked out on a valid adult library card and picked up and returned at the Boston Library during open hours.
- Sports Action Camera
- Green Screen
- Outdoor Projector and Screen
- Trail Camera
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp
- Digital Radon Detector
- Metal Detector
- Karaoke System
- Bubble Machine
- Film Slide, Negative and Photo Converter
- Super 8 and 8 mm Film Converter
- Record Player - Converts Vinyl, Cassette and CD to USB Flash Drive
Purchase of these items was made possible by funding generously secured by Senator Gallivan.
3D Printing at the Boston Library
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Printer available for use
- stl files accepted by email, web link, or USB with approval based on the library's 3D Printer Policy
- Fees based on weight of the finished project at $.05 per gram
- PLA, ABS and PETg available; colors subject to change
- Check out Thingiverse.com for ideas about what types of things can be printed
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2019
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2018
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2017
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2016
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2015
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2014
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2013
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2012
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2011
Board of Trustees
Suzanne Borowicz, President
Matthew Boyle, Vice President
Linda Coniglio, Treasurer
Catherine Osborn, Secretary
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
Friends of the Boston Library
The Friends of the Boston Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They generously support and fund a variety of things for the community to enjoy at the library - from furnishings and equipment to materials and programs. Many Friends also volunteer at the library for events and programs. Funds are raised by the Friends primarily through the Annual Gala Fundraiser and Book Sale.
- Material (books, dvds, cds, puzzles) donations are generally accepted by Friends at the library during open hours from April - October Please call the library in advance at 716-941-3516 to verify the availability of storage space for donations.
- Magazines, reader's digest condensed books, and books in poor condition are not accepted for the book sale.