9475 Boston State Rd.
Boston, NY 14025
Located on Boston State Road, (Route 391), between Boston Cross and Boston Colden Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available
Public Access Computers: 6 computers, networked (printing 10 cents per page B&W, 25 cents color) Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room available. Click Here for Community Meeting Room Rules
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. We have Corn Hole, Bocce, Giant Jenga, Volleyball/Badminton, Croquet, Kubb, Can Jam, and Ladder Ball. Stop in to check them out for your next party!
Did you know when you shop on Amazon.com, you can donate a portion of your sale to the Boston Free Library? When shopping, be sure to follow the link below to get to our "Amazon Smile" page. Thank you for supporting your library!
The Boston Free Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Hours for 2021:
- Everyone who enters the building is REQUIRED to wear a mask.
- If possible please utilize self-checkout.
- Do not hand items you are returning directly to staff. Items must be quarantined prior to check-in. Please place them in the drop box.
- Due to social distancing requirements, staff can provide limited assistance while in the library.
- Items can still be returned in the drop box during open or closed hours.
Curbside/Walk-Up Services Continue to be Available:
Call the library 716-941-3516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during these hours to request titles from items available at the Boston Free Library. Check the library's online catalog using the "Limit Search Results" selecting "Boston" to see currently available items. A staff member will record the titles requested and check them out on your library card.
A pickup time will be arranged with curbside or walk-up specified. Walk-up items will be placed in the foyer upon arrival for pickup. Your safety is very important to us. Face coverings are required and social distancing will be in effect. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Items can be returned at any time in our drop box. Library materials will be quarantined for 48 hours after return and will remain on your card during this time, but will be backdated so no fees will accumulate from items returned on time.
For the health and safety of our staff, we are not accepting book/material donations at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Virtual (online) Programming will continue.
Below are the Board approved reopening and safety plans for the Boston Free Library:
Micro-Cluster Strategy Plan - revised 1/4/2021
Thursday, April 22nd from 10 AM - 1 PM - Spectrum Health Outreach NY Project Hope
Feeling uncertain, overwhelmed, anxious during COVID? We are here for you to stop in for free support!
Virtual Craft Programs:
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. Must be picked up and returned at the Boston Library; not eligible for reservations.
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jenga
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Ball
Library of Things
The Boston Free Library has the following items available for 7-day loan period. Must be checked out on a valid adult library card and picked up and returned at the Boston Library during open hours.
- Sports Action Camera
- Green Screen
- Outdoor Projector and Screen
- Trail Camera
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp
- Digital Radon Detector
- Metal Detector
- Karaoke System
- Bubble Machine
- Film Slide, Negative and Photo Converter
- Super 8 and 8 mm Film Converter
- Record Player - Converts Vinyl, Cassette and CD to USB Flash Drive
Purchase of these items was made possible by funding generously secured by Senator Gallivan.
3D Printing at the Boston Library
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Printer available for use
- stl files accepted by email, web link, or USB with approval based on the library's 3D Printer Policy
- Fees based on weight of the finished project at $.05 per gram
- PLA, ABS and PETg available; colors subject to change
- Check out Thingiverse.com for ideas about what types of things can be printed
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2019
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2018
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2017
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2016
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2015
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2014
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2013
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2012
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2011
Board of Trustees
Suzanne Borowicz, President
Matthew Boyle, Vice President
Linda Coniglio, Treasurer
Catherine Osborn, Secretary
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- December 2020
Friends of the Boston Library
The Friends of the Boston Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They generously support and fund a variety of things for the community to enjoy at the library - from furnishings and equipment to materials and programs. Many Friends also volunteer at the library for events and programs. Funds are raised by the Friends primarily through the Annual Gala Fundraiser and Book Sale.
- Material (books, dvds, cds, puzzles) donations are generally accepted by Friends at the library during open hours from April - October Please call the library in advance at 716-941-3516 to verify the availability of storage space for donations.
- Magazines, reader's digest condensed books, and books in poor condition are not accepted for the book sale.