9475 Boston State Rd.
Boston, NY 14025
Located on Boston State Road, (Route 391), between Boston Cross and Boston Colden Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available
Public Access Computers: 6 computers, networked (printing 10 cents per page B&W, 25 cents color) Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?" We now also offer Mobile Printing.
Meeting Room available. Click Here for Community Meeting Room Rules
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. We have Corn Hole, Bocce, Giant Jenga, Volleyball/Badminton, Croquet, Kubb, Can Jam, and Ladder Ball. Stop in to check them out for your next party!
Did you know when you shop on Amazon.com, you can donate a portion of your sale to the Boston Free Library? When shopping, be sure to follow the link below to get to our "Amazon Smile" page. Thank you for supporting your library!
The Boston Free Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Hours for 2021:
Everyone who enters the building is REQUIRED to wear a mask at this time.
Roycroft Book Making: October 7th 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The Roycroft Campus was founded by Elbert Hubbard whose main focus was on writing and publishing books. Students will follow in the footsteps of Hubbard creating a variety of book structures, as a way to learn about the art of bookbinding and the industry of the Roycroft Campus. This workshop will include creating a book like the pop-up accordion. Call 716-941-3516 to register - Space is limited!
Friends of the Boston Library:
October Book Sale and Basket Raffle
Donated Book Sale: October 9th - October 22nd
Large book sale of donated items: adult hardcover books, paperbacks, nonfiction, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and lots of children's books all priced between $0.25-$1.00. Antique and collectible books priced individually. Bag and box sale on the final sale days.
To allow social distancing and proper cleaning, visitors may be asked to wait their turn for browsing as a limited number of people will be allowed in the book sale room at any given time.
All proceeds benefit the Boston Free Library.
Basket Raffle: October 1st - October 31st
Tickets for the Basket Raffle are $5.00 per sheet or 5 sheets for $20.00. Winners will be contacted on November 1st!
All proceeds benefit the Boston Free Library.
Painted Pumpkins: Thursday, October 14th 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Painted Pumpkins: Friday, October 15th 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Join us for an annual event - Painted Pumpkins! Free and fun for all ages! Registration is required so we have enough supplies for all attendees. This program is weather dependent. We will reschedule if necessary. Call 716-941-3516 to register! Please specify which day you are planning to attend when you register.
Book Turkeys: Thursday, November 11th, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
WNY Book Arts: Saturday, November 13th 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Holiday Card Making: Saturday, November 27th 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
"Gingerbread" Houses: Saturday, December 4th 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Christmas Ornament Class: Saturday, December 18th 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Curbside/Walk-Up Services Continue to be Available:
Call the library 716-941-3516 or email email@example.com during open hours to request titles from items available at the Boston Free Library. Check the library's online catalog using the "Limit Search Results" selecting "Boston" to see currently available items. A staff member will record the titles requested and check them out on your library card.
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. Must be picked up and returned at the Boston Library; not eligible for reservations.
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jenga
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Ball
Library of Things
The Boston Free Library has the following items available for 7-day loan period. Must be checked out on a valid adult library card and picked up and returned at the Boston Library during open hours.
- Sports Action Camera
- Green Screen
- Outdoor Projector and Screen
- Trail Camera
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp
- Digital Radon Detector
- Metal Detector
- Karaoke System
- Bubble Machine
- Film Slide, Negative and Photo Converter
- Super 8 and 8 mm Film Converter
- Record Player - Converts Vinyl, Cassette and CD to USB Flash Drive
- ClearClick Video Converter - Converts VHS or other video sources to digital
- VHS-C Adapter
- HDMI Cloner Box
- Osmo Genius Kit
- Makey Makey
Purchase of these items was made possible by funding generously secured by Senator Gallivan.
Chromebook Kits (Chromebook + Hotspot) are now available to check out at the Boston Free Library.
3D Printing at the Boston Library
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Printer available for use
- stl files accepted by email, web link, or USB with approval based on the library's 3D Printer Policy
- Fees based on weight of the finished project at $.05 per gram
- PLA, ABS and PETg available; colors subject to change
- Check out Thingiverse.com for ideas about what types of things can be printed
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2020
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2019
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2018
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2017
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2016
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2015
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2014
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2013
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2012
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2011
Board of Trustees
Suzanne Borowicz, President
Matthew Boyle, Vice President
Linda Coniglio, Treasurer
Catherine Osborn, Secretary
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- January 2021 - Special Meeting
- February 2021
- April 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021
- September 2021 - PROPOSED
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- December 2020
Friends of the Boston Library
The Friends of the Boston Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They generously support and fund a variety of things for the community to enjoy at the library - from furnishings and equipment to materials and programs. Many Friends also volunteer at the library for events and programs. Funds are raised by the Friends primarily through the Annual Gala Fundraiser and Book Sale.
- Material (books, dvds, cds, puzzles) donations are generally accepted by Friends at the library during open hours from April - October Please call the library in advance at 716-941-3516 to verify the availability of storage space for donations.
- Magazines, reader's digest condensed books, and books in poor condition are not accepted for the book sale.