9475 Boston State Rd.
Boston, NY 14025
Located on Boston State Road, (Route 391), between Boston Cross and Boston Colden Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available
Public Access Computers: 6 computers, networked (printing 10 cents per page B&W, 25 cents color) Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room available. Click Here for Community Meeting Room Rules
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. We have Corn Hole, Bocce, Giant Jenga, Volleyball/Badminton, Croquet, Kubb, Can Jam, and Ladder Ball. Stop in to check them out for your next party!
Did you know when you shop on Amazon.com, you can donate a portion of your sale to the Boston Free Library? When shopping, be sure to follow the link below to get to our "Amazon Smile" page. Thank you for supporting your library!
Boston Free Library Policies
The Boston Free Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all library programming is taking place online.
For more details visit our Calendar page
The Boston Free Library now has yard games available for a 7-day loan period. Must be picked up and returned at the Boston Library; not eligible for reservations.
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jenga
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Ball
Library of Things
The Boston Free Library has the following items available for 7-day loan period. Must be checked out on a valid adult library card and picked up and returned at the Boston Library during open hours.
- Sports Action Camera
- Green Screen
- Outdoor Projector and Screen
- Trail Camera
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp
- Digital Radon Detector
- Metal Detector
- Karaoke System
- Bubble Machine
- Film Slide, Negative and Photo Converter
- Super 8 and 8 mm Film Converter
- Record Player - Converts Vinyl, Cassette and CD to USB Flash Drive
Purchase of these items was made possible by funding generously secured by Senator Gallivan.
3D Printing at the Boston Library
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Printer available for use
- stl files accepted by email, web link, or USB with approval based on the library's 3D Printer Policy
- Fees based on weight of the finished project at $.05 per gram
- PLA, ABS and PETg available; colors subject to change
- Check out Thingiverse.com for ideas about what types of things can be printed
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2018
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2017
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2016
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2015
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2014
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2013
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2012
- Boston Free Library Annual Report 2011
Board of Trustees
Suzanne Borowicz, President
Matthew Boyle, Vice President
Linda Coniglio, Treasurer
Catherine Osborn, Secretary
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
Friends of the Boston Library
The Friends of the Boston Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They generously support and fund a variety of things for the community to enjoy at the library - from furnishings and equipment to materials and programs. Many Friends also volunteer at the library for events and programs. Funds are raised by the Friends primarily through the Annual Gala Fundraiser and Book Sale.
- Material (books, dvds, cds, puzzles) donations are generally accepted by Friends at the library during open hours from April - October Please call the library in advance at 716-941-3516 to verify the availability of storage space for donations.
- Magazines, reader's digest condensed books, and books in poor condition are not accepted for the book sale.