318 Montrose Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14223
Montrose Avenue runs north off Kenmore Avenue, west of Niagara Falls Blvd and east of Parkhurst Blvd.
Parking lot available.
Kenilworth has 20 Public Access Computers, two of which have scanners.
(2 Children PCs, 9 Adult PCs 7 Laptops and 2 OPACs).
Networked printing (10 cents per page for black & white, 25 cents per page for color),
Microsoft Office applications, Internet access, seating area with outlet for powering personal laptop. Free WiFi available.
After hours book return available in parking lot.
Self Service Public Fax Machine available, 1.75 1st page, 1.00 each additional page using prepaid cards or credit/debit cards
Black and White Copier .15 per copy for 8 1/2 X 11 (letter size), .30 per copy 8 1/2 X 14 (legal size)
A Community Room with the capacity of 30 is available for Library Programs and may be used by nonprofit organizations and groups. A Meeting Room Application must be completed.
A Display Case is available for use by nonprofit organizations and groups. ADisplay Case/Exhibit Case Application must be completed.
What's Special About the Kenilworth Library
Located on an area of land that was once part of the Kenilworth Park Race track in the early 1900’s, Montrose Avenue runs north off Kenmore Avenue, west of Niagara Falls Blvd and east of Parkhurst Blvd
Proof that good things can come in small packages, the library houses a wide array of books, magazines, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audiobooks and CD’s for all ages and interests.
Kenilworth Branch Policies
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Display Case Policy
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Rules of Conduct
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Procurement Policy
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Investment Policy
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Bulletin Board Policy
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Distribution Policy
- Town of Tonawanda Public Library Lost and Found Policy
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Policy
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Application
- Gift & Donor Recognition Policy
The Kenilworth Branch is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
The Kenilworth Library building opened to the public with limited services and modified hours on Monday, June 22nd, 2020.
- Computer availability will be limited as certain terminals have been put out of service to adhere to social distancing guidelines, calling the library and making an appointment may be recommended
- All returns must go into the book drop. Returned library materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 96 hours (4 days) to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff. Items returned on time will not accrue fines or fees for the time in quarantine.
- Per the Governor’s Executive Order, masks covering the nose and mouth are to be worn at all times when in the library.
- We will not be accepting material donations (books, DVDs, etc.) until further notice.
- Over the desk transactions will include check out, reference, and monetary transactions to pay for fines/fees.
- Using our self checkout terminals is encouraged.
- Fax machine, copier and printing will be available, regular rates apply
- As always, Wi-Fi is available 24/7 for everyone. The network is BECPL2 and the password is librarywifi. (we also have picnic tables on the front lawn that can pick up the signal)
- All in-library programs are canceled. (check out our online programming !)
- Meeting Room use by community groups has been suspended.
- Seating will be limited.
- One on one Tutoring is permissible providing that there is space available and social distancing requirements are met.
- The safety of our staff and patrons is a top priority. Social distancing, facial covering requirements, and other health and safety protocols in accordance with NY Forward have been put in place and will be followed.
Open hours will be as follows:
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
Join us live on the Kenmore Facebook Page on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:30 am for a virtual story time! Jill will have great stories to share and special songs for the kids to sing and participate in . Be sure to comment with your child's name so they can say Hi!
Advanced Craft & Carry
A Take home art project for ages 15 & up
A special version of our popular kids craft & carry project for teens and adults! Recommended for ages 15 and up. Kit will include one 11 X14 canvas and 32 crayons to make a groovy melted wax painting (you will need to supply your own glue and a hairdryer or similar style device). Limit of one kit per person/family. Must pick up in person during library hours. While supplies last. The Library reserves the right to limit quantities.
Craft & Carry
Take home crafting kits for kids (recommended for ages 5-10)
Kits for this month's craft available starting Monday, October 5
We miss crafting with you!
Until we can craft together again inside the library, kids can pick up a free project to complete at home.
Directions and most supplies are included, but you might need a few common items from your house.
Supplies are limited - come in soon!
Child must be present to receive.
This month’s craft – Monster Magnets!
Here it is... our finished KLN Zine: Stuck at Home Edition! It has reviews on books, musicals, movies & TV shows, places to go, and activities, so make sure to take a look! Thank you to all who contributed!"
Join us on facebook at @KenilworthLibrary for news,updates, and reminders about everything happening at the Kenilworth Library, as well as other events happening in the Buffalo & Erie County Library System and the Town of Tonawanda.
Our Twitter handle is @for updates on any library changes as well as to promote our programs.
Need some reading inspiration? Our 90+ Pinterest Boards have thousands of suggestions for books available to request from the Buffalo & Erie County Library System which you can have sent to Kenilworth for pickup (a .25 convenience fee applies for each item). Check out our new & notable boards for items on order or recently received.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Buffalo And Erie County Public Library
Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/16-1070893 and support us every time you shop.
Proceeds benefit the Town of Tonawanda Public Library -- Kenilworth and Kenmore Branches.
Remember, friending and following us on our social media sites, checking-in, liking, sharing our posts, and tagging us in your pictures, are all great ways to help promote your branch & libraries as a whole!
The next Town of Tonawanda Library Board Meeting will be held at the Kenmore Branch Library
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 7 pm
Board of Trustees
Richard Geer, Chair
Annette Della Posta, Co-Chair
Stanley Pustulka, Treasurer
Kathleen Kanaley, Secretary
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- January 2020 Minutes
- February 2020 Minutes
- March 2020 Minutes
- Special Meeting March 30, 2020
- April 2020 Minutes
- May 2020 Minutes
- June 2020 Minutes
- July 2020 Minutes
- August 2020 Minutes
- December 2019 Minutes
- November 2019 Minutes
- October 2019 Minutes
- September 2019 Minutes
- August 2019 Minutes
- July 2019 Minutes
- June 2019 Minutes
- May 2019 Minutes
- April 2019 Minutes
- February 2019 Minutes
- January 2019 Minutes
- December 2018 Minutes
- November 2018 Minutes
- October 2018 Minutes
- September 2018 Minutes
- August 2018 Minutes
- July 2018 Minutes
- June 2018 Minutes
- May 2018 Minutes
- April 2018 Minutes
- March 2018 Minutes
- February 2018 Minutes
- January 2018 Minutes
- December 2017 Minutes
- November 2017 Minutes
- September 2017 Minutes
- August 2017 Minutes
- July 2017 Minutes
- June 2017 Minutes
- May 2017 Minutes
- April 2017 Minutes
- March 2017 Minutes
- January 2017 Minutes
- December 2016 Minutes
- November 2016 Minutes
- October 2016 Minutes
- September 2016 Minutes
- August 2016 Minutes
- July 2016 Minutes
- June 2016 Minutes
- May 2016 Minutes
- April 2016 Minutes
- March 2016 Minutes
- February 2016 Minutes
- January 2016 Minutes
- December 2015 Minutes
- November 2015 Minutes
- October 2015 Minutes
- September 2015 Minutes
- August 2015 Minutes
- July 2015 Minutes
- June 2015 Minutes
- May 2015 Minutes
- April 2015 Minutes
- March 2015 Minutes
- February 2015 Minutes
- January 2015 Minutes
- December 2014 Minutes
- November 2014 Minutes
- October 2014 Minutes
- September 2014 Minutes
- August 2014 Minutes
- July 2014 Minutes
- June 2014 Minutes
- May 2014 Minutes
- April 2014 Minutes
- March 2014 Minutes
- February 2014 Minutes
- January 2014 Minutes
- December 2013 Minutes
- November 2013 Minutes
- October 2013 Minutes
- September 2013 Minutes
- August 2013 Minutes
- July 2013 Minutes
- June 2013 Minutes
- May 2013 Minutes
- April 2013 Minutes
- March 2013 Minutes
- February 2013 Minutes
- January 2013 Minutes
- August 2012 Minutes
- July 2012 Minutes
- June 2012 Minutes
- May 2012 Minutes
- April 2012 Minutes
- March 2012 Minutes
- February 2012 Minutes
- January 2012 Minutes