Three Town Place
Clarence, NY 14031
The library is located on Old Goodrich and is next to the Clarence Town Hall. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available. Drop box available.
Public Access Computers: 19 computers, networked. Microsoft Office applications and Internet access. Printing from computer: B&W 10¢ per page, color 25¢ per page. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Copy machine available: B&W 15¢ per page for letter size.
A Meeting Room is available as a location for community informational services and for programs or meetings of established and recognized groups and associations whose purposes are educational, cultural, civic, or of general community interest.
- An Optelec Clearview 300 Low Vision Magnifier is available for use in the library. Donated by the Lion's Club of Clarence.
- The Aladdin Classic is available for use in the library. Purchased with funds donated by the Lion's Club of Clarence.
- Pebble HD Hand-Held Magnifier is available for use in the library. This item was purchased with funds donated by the Lion's Club of Clarence.
- Digital Talking Book Players from the New York State Talking Book & Braille Library are available for in-house use by eligible patrons.
What's Special About the Clarence Library:
The library opened at its current location in September 2001 and is one of the largest community libraries in the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
A special toddler and preschool area promotes reading with parents. Adults have a relaxing area in which to read newspapers and magazines. Free WiFi is available and the Clarence Library regularly offers a variety of computer classes through its "Clarence Library Cyber-Train." The library is well known for the variety of Summer events and programs for children and their families and also provides quality programs throughout the year. Situated in a park-like setting, the library affords many new opportunities to its community and is a state of the art library for both adults and children.
Also of note:
A large Classic Movie collection featuring films from the silent era through the 1960s
A monthly Senior Activity Day at the Clarence Library in partnership with the Clarence Senior Center
The Clarence Bee Newspaper: Bound volumes (1965-1982) and microfilm (1983-2014)
Flight 3407 Memorial - Designed by Hadley Exhibits and dedicated in October 2017, this informational touch-screen kiosk provides biographies of the loved ones lost in the tragic crash of Flight 3407 that took place in Clarence Center on February 12, 2009 and provides a history of all facets of the tragedy including a tribute to first responders and to the work of family members who have campaigned tirelessly in Washington D.C. to ensure adequate pilot training and have helped bring about improved airline safety and pilot training regulations.
Some Ways to Support the Clarence Library:
The Friends Place Book Store, operated by the Friends of the Clarence Public Library, Inc., is a great place to shop for quality used and donated books and materials. Proceeds support the programs and services of the Clarence Public Library.
Fowler's Candy Bars are on sale for $1 per bar. Proceeds support the programs and services of the Clarence Public Library.
A percentage of your Amazon purchases will be donated to benefit the Clarence Public Library.
Become a member of the Friends of the Clarence Public Library.
The Friends of the Clarence Public Library is a non-profit group of citizens who believe that an excellent library is essential to a community. They work to promote and assist the library and are responsible for raising money to add to the basic collection and provide for special needs.
The Friends of the Clarence Public Library generally meets at the library on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:00 pm. The September meeting has been cancelled. Please check back for future meeting dates.
"The Friends Place" book store, located off the lobby, is a great place to shop for used and donated books and other material. The book store is scheduled to be open during regular library hours but is staffed entirely by volunteers. If you're available to help out, please consider filling out an application and volunteering your time.
Clarence Public Library Policies
- Clarence Public Library Rules of Conduct, amended June 1, 2020
- Clarence Public Library Meeting Room Policy, approved October 27, 2014, amended February 25, 2019
- Clarence Public Library Used Book Donation Guidelines June 2014
- Clarence Public Library Tutoring Policy, approved February 26, 2018
- Clarence Public Library Claims Audit Policy, approved November 28, 2016
- Clarence Public Library Display Case and Exhibit Policy, approved January 28, 2019
- Clarence Public Library Whistleblower Policy, adopted February 25, 2019
- Clarence Public Library Procurement Policy, Approved May 18, 2015, Reviewed March 25, 2019
- Clarence Public Library Bulletin Board Policy, Adoped October 26, 2015, Reviewed March 25, 2019C
The Clarence Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Click here to access our Curbside Online Order Form.
This Library has been identified as being in a New York State Micro-Cluster Orange Zone.
BEGINNING FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, THE CLARENCE PUBLIC LIBRARY WILL BE OPEN FOR CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY. THE BUILDING WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Paper HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) application packets available at the Clarence Library from the Erie County Department of Social Services.. Call 716-741-2650 to reserve a packet (while supplies last).
DONATIONS UPDATE: All donations have been suspended until further notice.
Do you shop through Amazon? You can help support the Clarence Public Library through AmazonSmile!
STEM Kits at the Clarence Public Library!
STEM Kits are available to check out from the Clarence Public Library! The STEM Kit Circulation Guidelines and Agreement are linked below. Please call the library at 741-2650 with any questions!
STEM KIT PDF with links and QR Codes to link to the kits in the catalog. Click here to download.
Design-A-Bookmark: In celebration of Children’s Book Week- Every Child a Reader we are holding a “Design-A-Bookmark” Competition. You can come in and pick up your supplies the week of November 9-15th. Send a photo of your best effort to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post your best bookmark designs.
Picture Book Identification Challenge: To celebrate Picture Book Month the week of the 16th through the 21st we have another challenge for you. Here’s how it works. Images from 10 picture books will be posted on Facebook. Email your identifications to email@example.com. Best efforts will be accepted.
Zoom Storytimes: November’s Zoom Storytimes with Miss Sarah will be held on the 10th and 24th at 11:00 AM. Registration will be online and at 741-2650. Registration secures a Storytime kit with a craft. This month We are celebrating picture books and learning how to catch a turkey! Online registration: https://buffalolib.libcal.com/event/7237167?hs=a
Family Storytime with Miss Sarah: This month on November 19, at 1:00 P.M. we will be holding a masked socially distant storytime in the Meeting Room with 5 children and their caregivers to celebrate Picture Book Month. Registration begins immediately. Call 716-741-2650. A craft kit will be available to take.
Thankfulness Yoga for Ages 3-7: This event has been canceled.
D&D Gamespace on Discord: New and experienced D&D players alike are welcome. For adults and young adults ages 13 and up. Alternate Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Meetings are held on the online platform Discord. Email firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to our librarian Jeremy for further information. Jeremy will send a link to the group.
A Study in Sherlock: This event has been canceled.
Zoom Storytimes: December’s Zoom Storytimes with Miss Sarah will be held on the 8th and 22nd at 11:00 AM. Registration will be online and at 741-2650. Registration secures a Storytime kit with a craft. This month We are celebrating the winter holidays. Storytime registration: https://buffalolib.libcal.com/admin/calendar/12898?&d=2020-12-22
D&D Gamespace on Discord: New and experienced D&D players alike are welcome. For adults and young adults ages 13 and up. Alternate Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Meetings are held on the online platform Discord. Email email@example.com addressed to our librarian Jeremy for further information. Jeremy will send a link to the group. Note that there will be no meetings on the 24th and 31st.
- Clarence Public Library Annual Report - 2015
- Clarence Public Library Annual Report - 2016
- Clarence Public Library Annual Report - 2017
- Clarence Public Library Annual Report - 2018
- Clarence Public Library Annual Report - 2019
Board of Trustees
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
The Clarence Library Board of Trustees generally meets at the library on the fourth Monday of each month unless otherwise noted. The next scheduled meeting is Monday, November 23 at 7 pm at the Clarence Public Library. Social distancing is in effect and masks/facial coverings required. The meeting will also be presented via Zoom for those who cannot attend in person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting code if you cannot attend in person.
2020 Clarence Library Board Meeting Schedule
- Monday, January 27, 7:15 pm
- Monday, February 24, 7:15 pm
- Monday, March 23, 7:15 pm *The March 23rd Library Board Meeting has been cancelled*
- Monday April 27,7:15 pm
- Monday, May 26, 7:15 pm
- Monday, June 1, 7:00 pm *Special Board Meeting*
- Monday, June 29, 7:15 pm - *To be held at the Clarence Library - Facial coverings required*
- *July (No Meeting Scheduled)
- *August (No Meeting Scheduled)
- Monday, September 28, 7:15 pm
- Monday, October 26, 7:00 pm - *To be held at the Clarence Library - Facial coverings required* The meeting will also be presented on Zoom for those who cannot attend in person.
- Monday, November 23, 7:00 pm - Virtual Meeting via Zoom -
Topic: Clarence Library Board Meeting
Time: Nov 23, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 843 7002 4746
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,84370024746#,,,,,,0#,,705243# US (New York)
+13017158592,,84370024746#,,,,,,0#,,705243# US (Washington D.C)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 843 7002 4746
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcWSITZdsM
- *December (No Meeting Scheduled)
- January 25
- February 22
- March 28
- April 25
- May 23
- June 27
- August 4
- September 26
- October 24
- November 28
- Clarence Public Library Bylaws, amended September 22, 2014
- Clarence Public Library Long Range Plan (2016-2021)