350 John J. Audubon Pkwy.
Amherst, NY 14228
One mile north of the University at Buffalo North Campus on John James Audubon Parkway between North Forest Road and Dodge Road.
We are in the same complex as the Amherst Police Station, Courthouse and Senior Center. Plenty of parking is available.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wi-fi available
- Public Access Computers:
For Adults, 13 desktop computers and 6 laptops -- with Microsoft Office Applications (2016), Internet Access, etc.;
Flatbed scanner available;
3 computers dedicated for Catalog;
8 computers dedicated for children;
Printing charges: B&W 10¢ per page, color 25¢ per page.
- Self check-out machines using RFID technology
- Meeting Room, with capacity for 100 people -- used for Library Programs; available for use by nonprofit organizations (registration required)
- 3 Study Rooms are available for small groups (reservations recommended)
- Copy machine, black & white only, 20¢ per copy
- Outdoor Drop Box attached to building, for returned library material, open 24/7. This is the only automated drop box in Western New York, discharging materials as soon as they are inserted.
- Display Cases -- large showcase, 88 inches wide, 43 inches high, and 13.5 inches deep -- smaller case for flat wall-mounted display -- both cases are available for groups.
- Optelec ClearView Video Magnifier -- is easy to use and will help the visually impaired maintain their independence in everyday tasks such as reading books and magazines, viewing photographs and writing. Thanks to the Amherst Lions Club for donating this to us.
- Ongoing Book Sale in hallway
Audubon has a wide assortment of materials, housing books and other materials for all ages.
We offer an extensive collection of nonprint materials, including popular and family movies on DVD and Blu-Ray, a large foreign film and documentary collection, and all genres of music CDs.
We carry a rotating array of audiobooks and large print books, as well as a small foreign language book collection, with titles in Bengali, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean & Russian.
We subscribe to some unique Health & Fitness newsletters.
Local documents and the Amherst Flood Collection are housed here.
What's Special About the Audubon Library
Named after John James Audubon (pictured above), we are situated in an idyllic setting, a short walk away from the Walton Woods hiking trail and bike path. In good weather, the tables and benches in front of the Library provide an attractive place to sit and read, talk with friends or watch the geese.
The Amherst Main Library at Audubon opened in 1987 within the Audubon New Community in Amherst, and has become B&ECPL's largest and busiest community library, home to among the most diverse populations in Erie County.
We host a wide variety of vibrant programs, and provide a safe, relaxing place to, read magazines & newspapers or surf the web.
We are a participant in the Abitibi Paper Retriever Recycling Program, which benefits the Library and the environment.
Audubon is also the home of the Western New York Seed Library:
Audubon Branch Policies
The Audubon Branch is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
JOIN OUR BASKET RAFFLE
The Audubon & Clearfield Libraries are hosting a basket raffle fundraiser.
Tickets are $5 for a sheet (25 tickets per sheet) ... or $10 for 3 sheets.
Winners will be announced in mid-September.
Recent recordings from the Holistic Lecture Series are available for viewing at our Facebook page. You don't have to be a Facebook member to see them.
The WNY Seed Library has returned to the Audubon Library. We are taking seed donations, and there are some packets ready for the taking at this time.
We wish WNYSL's founder, Brenda Snyder well as she is moving south by the end of 2021.
For more information such as how to volunteer, join the Facebook group at:
or contact the new coordinator:
AUDUBON BOOK CLUB
(click or tap for details)
for the listing of Audubon Library programs which are on the Library's web site.
to view upcoming programs. To watch premieres, you need to be a member of Facebook.
for access to the past virtual programs we have been doing. You do not need to be a Facebook member to view these.
Many of the videos created by the staff at the Amherst Public Library include playlists with themes, such as:
the Virtual Holistic Lecture Series for adults
and others for kids and parents such as storytimes and crafts.
Amherst Public Library Board of Trustees
JEFFREY F. VOELKL
Term will expire 12/31/2025
CYNTHIA J. SELDEN
Term will expire 12/31/2023
Term will expire - 12/31/2021
Term will expire 12/31/2022
Term will expire 12/31/2022
Term will expire 12/31/2021
Term will expire - 12/31/2019
CYNTHIA J. SELDEN
HON. PENNY M. WOLFGANG
Term will expire 12/31/2023
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
Meetings begin at 4:15pm and all meetings are open to the public.
Agenda & Minutes:
- Monday, January 25, 2021 Agenda
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 Agenda
- Wednesday, May 11, 2021 Agenda (postponed from April 28)
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021 Agenda
- Monday, August 2, 2021 Agenda
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 Agenda
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 Minutes
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 Minutes
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021 Minutes
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021 Minutes
- Monday, August 2, 2021 Minutes
- July 24, 2019 Agenda
- May 8, 2019 Agenda
- March 6, 2019 Agenda
- February 6, 2019 Agenda
- January 8, 2019 Agenda
- December 5, 2019 Minutes
- May 8, 2019 Minutes
- April 9, 2019 Board Minutes
- February 6, 2019 Minutes
- January 8, 2019 Minutes
- November 27, 2018 Agenda
- October 24, 2018 Agenda
- September 12, 2018 Agenda
- July 12, 2018 Agenda
- May 17, 2018 Agenda
- April 19, 2018 Agenda
- January 23, 2018 Agenda
- October 24, 2018 Minutes
- September 12, 2018 Minutes
- July 12, 2018 Minutes
- Town of Amherst Public Hearing about Expansion of Audubon Library, June 5, 2018 at 7pm
- SPECIAL BOARD MEETING , THURSDAY MAY 17 at 3:30 pm at the Audubon Library Minutes
- April 19, 2018 Minutes
- March 6, 2018 Minutes
- December 13, 2017 Agenda
- November 14, 2017 Agenda
- October 11, 2017 Agenda
- July 6, 2017 Agenda
- May 24, 2017 Agenda
- April 26, 2017 Agenda
- March 8, 2017 Agenda
- January 2017 Agenda
- December 13, 2017 Minutes
- November 14, 2017 Minutes
- October 11, 2017 Minutes
- September 13, 2017 Minutes
- May 24, 2017 Minutes
- April 26, 2017 Minutes
- March 8 , 2017 Minutes
- January 25, 2017 Minutes
- December 2016 Agenda
- October 2016 Agenda
- July 2016 Agenda
- June 2016 Agenda
- April 26, 2016 agenda
- February 2016 Agenda
- December 8, 2016 Minutes
- October 19, 2016 Minutes
- September 21, 2016 Minutes
- June 16, 2016 Minutes
- April 26. 2016 Minutes
- March 30, 2016 Minutes
- November 2015 Agenda
- October 2015 Agenda
- July 2015 Agenda
- April 2015 Agenda
- February 2015 Agenda
- January 2015 Agenda
- November 18, 2015 Minutes
- October 20, 2015 Minutes
- September 16, 2015 Minutes
- May 20, 2015 Minutes
- February 25, 2015 Minutes
- January 21, 2015 Minutes
- October 2014 Agenda
- September 2014 Agenda
- August 2014 Agenda
- June 2014 Agenda
- May 2014 Agenda
- April 2014 Agenda
- March 2014 Agenda
- January 2014 Agenda
- December 2, 2014 Minutes
- September 10, 2014 Board Minutes
- August 6, 2014 Minutes
- June 10, 2014 Minutes
- May 14, 2014 Board Minutes
- April 2, 2014 Board Minutes
- March 4, 2014 Board Minutes
- Jan 29, 2014 Board Minutes
- December 2013 Agenda
- October 2013 Agenda
- September 2013 Agenda
- July 2013 Agenda
- June 2013 Agenda
- April 2013 Agenda
- December 10, 2013 Board Minutes
- October 9, 2013 Board Minutes
- September 11, 2013 Board Minutes
- July 30, 2013 Minutes
- Jun 26, 2013 Board Minutes
- April 17, 2013 Board Minutes
- February 27, 2013 Board Minutes
DOCUMENTS SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO COVID:
- Amherst Public Library Essential & Nonessential Designations by Title & Department
- Amherst Public Library Public Health Emergency Operations Plan