2341 Main St.
PO Box 470
Collins, NY 14034
The library is located on Main Street (Route 39) in the middle of the block, one-half mile east of Route 62, between Mill Street and School Street. The parking lot is accessible from both Main Street and Mill Street. Wheelchair accessible.
Public Access Computers: 16 desktop computers, including 4 computers for children in the youth area, plus 3 laptop computers. 2 free public scanners, reservation may be required. Printing 10 cents B&W per page, 25 cents color. Microsoft Office 2016 Applications, Internet Access, Access to library databases. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?" Free secure Wi-fi for your own devices.
Black and white copies are available at 15 cents per page.
What's Special About the Collins Library
The library is designated as both a Rural Technology Center and a Pre-Schooler’s Door to Learning. The children’s area features a beautiful "Children of the World" globe-mobile which is suspended over the children’s computer table. Four computers are openly available to children. The library offers a spacious setting and comfortable seating in all areas.
We have concerts in the library nearly every month (check out our calendar for upcoming events). We have a weekly Quilting Club and monthly Movies co-presented with the Collins Seniors, and two monthly Book Clubs plus a new YA Book Club. There are a number of on-going children's activities on our schedule as well!
Interested in visiting with your school or group?
We have a meeting room available for public use.
The Friends of the Collins Library is always looking for new members!
Download the Application, or visit the library for a copy.
Town of Collins Public Library Policies
- Library Policies - (Updated 12/2020) - Please call for more information
The Town of Collins Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Collins has been designated a Yellow Micro-Cluster Area.
Our services remain the same at this time.
We are open to the public. If you want to arrange for pick up, give us a call!
We are now using a metric based on number of cases in the 14034 zip code to determine each Monday if we will be open to the public or if we will move to Walk-Up pick up for the next week (Tuesday through the following Monday). This is a new way to respond to surges and keep our staff and community safe and healthy. Give us a call to find out about our open hours and services!
Per NYS Executive Order masks will be required and social distancing will be practiced.
Monday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thursday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
You must bring photo ID or your library card to check out items.
We can now place holds on items at other libraries!
Any Returns will be accepted in our drop box at the front of the building 24/7. Material will be held at least 96 hours before it is discharged from your account. You will not have fines for this time.
Book donations will NOT be accepted at this time.
Thank you so much, and can't wait to see you soon!
Additional information about our Safety and Reopening Plans, as well as information about our plans for micro-cluster designations are available on our website under "What's Happening" and "Board Info"
Safety Plan - Amended 10/20/2020
Reopening Plan - Amended 10/20/2020
Walk-Up Service Plan - Approved 11/19/2020
2/15/2021 - Closed
Young Adult Programming
YA Writing Club still has room available for online participants!
YA Book Club will return when the Library is no longer in a micro-cluster. Visit the library for more info and to pick up a copy.
YA RPG is beginning again very soon. Space is extremely limited, but call to be placed on the waiting list to join!
Our book clubs are returning when the Library is no longer in a Micro-Cluster! Ask at the library about upcoming dates.
Much of our programming has moved online! Watch our Facebook Page for upcoming online programming.
Awesome Take & Makes will be available every week! Check Facebook for a demo each Monday, and stop in to pick up a kit while supplies last!
Library of Things:
Check out what's available through our catalog!
Check out more than just books! Borrow a metal detector, tennis set, and more! Items must be borrowed from and returned to the Collins Library with an Adult card. Call for more details.
What's next? Our top voted items to be revealed soon!
Check out our YouTube Page for programs
More coming soon!
Want some of our favorite resources? Check out these great links!
Art & Crafts for Families (updated 4/13/2020)
Arts & Crafts for Families #2 (updated 4/28/2020)
Science for Families (updated 4/13/2020)
Virtual Tours of Parks and Museums (updated 4/13/2020)
Virtual Tours of Gardens (updated 4/14/2020)
Virtual Tours of Parks (updated 4/14/2020)
Board of Trustees
Holly Martindale, President
Elaine Thordahl, Vice President
Edith Schell, Secretary
Becky Jo Summers, Treasurer
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
2021 Upcoming Regular Meeting Dates: 2/11, 4/8, 6/3, 8/5, 10/7, 12/2
- Regular Board meeting 2/11/2021 - agenda coming soon
- For review are the open meeting policy (see 1/4/2020)
- Safety Committee scheduled for 1/26/2021
- Meeting Minutes 1/19/2021 - Safety Committee - Draft
- Microcluster Plan - updated
- Safety Committee scheduled for 1/12/2021 cancelled because no changes to Safety Plans
- Meeting Minutes 1/4/2021 - Policy Committee - Draft
- Open Meeting Policy - new policy
- Meeting Minutes 12/19/2020 - Safety Committee - Draft
- Meeting Minutes 12/4/2020 - draft
- Meeting Minutes 11/19/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 11/5/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 10/20/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 10/15/2020 - Policy Committee - The following draft policies have proposed changes:
- I.A.3 Ethics Policy
- I.B.2 Public Relations Policy
- I.B.3 Emergency Closing Codes - Public
- I.C.5 Fund Balance and Reserve Funds Policy
- I.C.6 Gift and Donor Recognition Policy
- I.C.9 Payment of Invoices Policy
- I.C.9a - Payment Voucher
- I.C.12 Purchase Policy
- I.D.5 Whistleblower Policy
- II.B.6 Rules of Conduct
- Meeting Minutes 10/8/2020 - Safety Committee - No changes to Safety Plan or Reopening Plan
- Meeting Minutes 10/1/2020
- Meeting Minutes 9/22/2020 - Safety Committee - No changes to Safety Plan or Reopening Plan
- Meeting Minutes 9/8/2020 - Safety Committee - No changes to Safety Plan or Reopening Plan
- Meeting Minutes 8/25/2020 - Safety Committee - No changes to Safety Plan
- Meeting Minutes 8/11/2020 - Safety Committee - No proposed changes to plans
- Meeting Minutes 8/6
- Meeting Minutes 7/28/2020 - Finance Committee
- Meeting Minutes 7/28/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 7/14/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 6/30/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 6/16/2020 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 6/4/2020
- Meeting Minutes - Special Emergency Meeting 5/28/2020
- Meeting Minutes 04/02/2020
- Meeting Minutes 02/06/2020
- Meeting Minutes - Finance Committee 1/28/2020
- Meeting Minutes -Technology Committee 1/13/2020
- Meeting Minutes - Planning Committee 1/16/2020
- Meeting Minutes - Facilities Committee 1/9/2020
- Resolution 8/8/2019