2341 Main St.
PO Box 470
Collins, NY 14034
The library is located on Main Street (Route 39) in the middle of the block, one-half mile east of Route 62, between Mill Street and School Street. The parking lot is accessible from both Main Street and Mill Street. Wheelchair accessible.
Public Access Computers: 16 desktop computers, including 4 computers for children in the youth area, plus 3 laptop computers. 2 free public scanners, reservation may be required. Printing 10 cents B&W per page, 25 cents color. Microsoft Office 2016 Applications, Internet Access, Access to library databases. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?" Free secure Wi-fi for your own devices.
Black and white copies are available at 15 cents per page.
What's Special About the Collins Library
The library is designated as both a Rural Technology Center and a Pre-Schooler’s Door to Learning. The children’s area features a beautiful "Children of the World" globe-mobile which is suspended over the children’s computer table. Four computers are openly available to children. The library offers a spacious setting and comfortable seating in all areas.
We have concerts in the library nearly every month (check out our calendar for upcoming events). We have a weekly Quilting Club and monthly Movies co-presented with the Collins Seniors, and two monthly Book Clubs plus a new YA Book Club. There are a number of on-going children's activities on our schedule as well!
Interested in visiting with your school or group?
We have a meeting room available for public use.
The Friends of the Collins Library is always looking for new members!
Download the Application, or visit the library for a copy.
Town of Collins Public Library Policies
- Library Policies - (Updated 12/2020) - Please call for more information
The Town of Collins Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
We are open to the public. If you want to arrange for pick up, give us a call!
As of 5/19, we are still requiring facial coverings and social distancing in the library.
Monday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
You must bring photo ID or your library card to check out items.
We can now place holds on items at other libraries for no charge!
Masks and social distancing are still required as of 5/19/2021.
Any Returns will be accepted inside the library during open hours or in our drop box at the front of the building 24/7.
Book donations will NOT be accepted at this time.
Thank you so much, and can't wait to see you soon!
Additional information about our Safety and Reopening Plans, as well as information about our plans for micro-cluster designations are available on our website under "What's Happening" and "Board Info"
Safety Plan - Amended 4/6/2021
Reopening Plan - Amended 4/6/2021
Walk-Up Service Plan - Approved 11/19/2020
Summer reading begins 6/1! More details soon, or check out Facebook for more info!
- Summer Reading Logs (ages 0-12): 6/1 thru 8/31 - Log how much time you read, and bring your log to the library weekly for prizes! Also a big prize at the end of the summer for the person who read the most at our library, with 3 age groups!
- Tale with Tails (Ages 0-12): 6/1 thru 6/30 - Stop in to pick up a silly story, fill it with funny animals, and bring it back to the library for a prize! (New stories in July and August!)
- Monthly Art and Make and Takes (ages 3-10) - First session Thursday 6/24 multiple session times - Join us for a short story and a project. These are messy, so dress accordingly. Registration required and limited, so please call to save space.
- Lego Club is returning! Registration required and limited, please call for details and registration.
Awesome Take & Makes will be available every week! Check Facebook for a demo each Monday, and stop in to pick up a kit while supplies last!
Young Adult Programming
- YA Book Club is meeting 6/17 at 5:30, reading "The Girl Who Drank the Moon". Visit the library for more info and to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- YA Summer Reading Logs: 6/1 thru 8/31 - Log how much time you read, and bring it to the library weekly for prizes! A big prize at the end of summer for the person who read the most at our library!
- Ticket to Read: For each book you read, fill out a ticket to be entered for a System-wide prize of a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Online Summer Reading Contest - Write brief book reviews online to be entered for a System-wide prize of a Kindle Fire!
- Adult Evening Book Club is back! Our next meeting is 7/13 at 5:30 pm reading . Registration is limited, so call to be put on a waiting list.
- Online Summer Reading Contest: Write brief book reviews online to be entered for a System-wide prize. Also one winner from each library of a $25 Amazon gift card.
Much of our programming has moved online! Watch our Facebook Page for upcoming online programming.
More programs coming soon!
Sports Equipment Lending Program:
Now you can check out sports equipment through the Library!
We have kids sized lacrosse and basketball kits available for check out, free with a library card. (Best for ages 5+)
Also Kids under the age of 17 who have fees can get them removed when the sports equipment it checked out!
Sponsored by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, and winner if the 2021 Penguin Random House Library award for Innovation.
*Parent or guardian must sign a waiver and be present the first time equipment is borrowed. Equipment must be borrowed from and returned to our library. Equipment available for individuals, groups, and camps.
More info available here:
Library of Things:
Check out what's available through our catalog!
Check out more than just books! Borrow a metal detector, tennis set, and more! Items must be borrowed from and returned to the Collins Library with an Adult card. Call for more details.
What's next? Our top voted items to be revealed soon!
Check out our YouTube Page for programs
More coming soon!
Want some of our favorite resources? Check out these great links!
Art & Crafts for Families (updated 4/13/2020)
Arts & Crafts for Families #2 (updated 4/28/2020)
Science for Families (updated 4/13/2020)
Virtual Tours of Parks and Museums (updated 4/13/2020)
Virtual Tours of Gardens (updated 4/14/2020)
Virtual Tours of Parks (updated 4/14/2020)
Board of Trustees
Holly Martindale, President
Elaine Thordahl, Vice President
Edith Schell, Secretary
Becky Jo Summers, Treasurer
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
2021 Upcoming Regular Meeting Dates: 8/5, 10/7, 12/2
- Meeting Minutes 6/3/2021 - Regular Meeting - Draft
- Meeting Minutes 5/4/2021 - Finance Committee
- Meeting Minutes 4/8/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 4/6/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 3/25/2021 - Special Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 3/9/2021 - Planning Committee
- Meeting Minutes 2/22/2021 - Finance Committee
- Draft Local Budget documents will be under Budget, once updates complete
- Meeting Minutes 2/11/2021
- Meeting Minutes 2/9/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 1/26/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 1/19/2021 - Safety Committee
- Microcluster Plan - updated
- Meeting Minutes 1/4/2021 - Policy Committee
- Open Meeting Policy - new policy
- 12/19/20 Safety Meeting
- 12/4/20 Regular Meeting
- 11/19/20 Safety Committee
- 11/5/20 Safety Committee
- 10/20/20 Safety Committee
- 10/1/20 Regular Meeting
- 8/25/20 Safety Committee
- 8/6/20 Regular Meeting
- 7/28/20 Safety Committee
- 6/30/20 Safety Committee
- 6/4/20 Regular Meeting
- 5/28/20 Special Meeting
- 4/2/20 Regular Meeting
- Resolution 8/8/2019
Bylaws of the Town of Collins Public Library - revised 6/4/2020, reviewed with no changes 6/3/2021
2021 Local Discretionary Budgets - Proposed - will be reviewed by Board at April Meeting
2021 Proposed Revenue - Draft
2021 Proposed Expenses - Draft
2021 GCSD Tax Levy Detail - Draft
A new strategic plan is being developed in 2021. Contact us if you're interested in being part of it!