2341 Main St.
PO Box 470
Collins, NY 14034
The library is located on Main Street (Route 39) in the middle of the block, one-half mile east of Route 62, between Mill Street and School Street. The parking lot is accessible from both Main Street and Mill Street. Wheelchair accessible.
Public Access Computers: 16 desktop computers, including 4 computers for children in the youth area, plus 3 laptop computers. 2 free public scanners, reservation may be required. Printing 10 cents B&W per page, 25 cents color. Microsoft Office 2016 Applications, Internet Access, Access to library databases. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?" Free secure Wi-fi for your own devices. Mobile Printing from your phone or other device.
Black and white copies are available at 15 cents per page.
What's Special About the Collins Library
The library is designated as both a Rural Technology Center and a Pre-Schooler’s Door to Learning. The children’s area features a beautiful "Children of the World" globe-mobile which is suspended over the children’s computer table. Four computers are openly available to children. The library offers a spacious setting and comfortable seating in all areas.
We have concerts in the library nearly every month (check out our calendar for upcoming events). We have a weekly Quilting Club and monthly Movies co-presented with the Collins Seniors, and two monthly Book Clubs plus a new YA Book Club. There are a number of on-going children's activities on our schedule as well!
Interested in visiting with your school or group?
We have a meeting room available for public use.
The Friends of the Collins Library is always looking for new members!
Download the Application, or visit the library for a copy.
Town of Collins Public Library Policies
- Library Policies - (Updated 12/2020) - Please call for more information
The Town of Collins Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
We are open to the public. If you want to arrange for curbside pick up, give us a call!
Monday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
You must bring photo ID or your library card to check out items.
We can now place holds on items at other libraries for no charge!
Any Returns will be accepted inside the library during open hours or in our drop box at the front of the building 24/7.
Book donations ARE currently accepted, Memorial Day through Labor Day/
Our free summer concert series is back!
June 30 - Kokomo Time Band
July 21 - Buffalo Touch Polka
August 25 - Blue Mule Band
September 22 - Paul Zittel and Pure Country
October 13 - Creekbend
Doors open at 6:30, music at 7pm. Co-sponsored by the Collins Public Library and the Friends of the Collins Library
Kids & Family Programs
Awesome Take & Makes will be available every week! Check Facebook for a demo each Monday, and stop in to pick up a kit while supplies last!
- Annual Basket Raffle 8/26 through 9/22 - Drawing 9/23 - Tickets $5 per pack, benefits the Friends of the Collins Library
- Library Closed 9/4 Labor Day
- Cheese Pizza Time - Saturday, 9/7 at 6 pm - call to register
- Adult Craft - Puzzle Tree Art - 9/9 at 11 am
- Morning Book Club 9/11
- Evening Book Club 9/12
- YA Book Club 9/13
- Play Dough Making 9/14 5:30 pm, call to register
- Book Sale & Bake Sale 9/21-9/23 Library Open Hours
- Lego Club - Tuesday, 9/26 at 5:30 pm - call to register
- Afternoon Crochet 9/27 at 3 pm
- Evening Crochet 9/28 at 5:30 pm
- Family Movie - The Little Mermaid (2023) 11 am - free popcorn!
- Library Board meeting 10/5 at 6 pm
- Fossil Story Time 10/12 at 6 pm - call to register
- FREE Concert - Creekbend - 10/13 a 7 pm - doors open at 6:30 pm
- Pasta Story Time 10/17 at 6 pm - call to register
- Halloween Party 10/21 at 11 am - call to register
- Halloween Houses 10/26 at 5:30 pm - call to register - required and limite
- Lego Club is the last Tuesday of each month! Registration required and limited, please call for details and registration.
- Monthly Scavenger Hunts - Come do a scavenger hunt through the children's area. Find all the clues and bring it up to the desk for a prize. Best for ages 5-12.
Young Adult Programming
- Teen Book Bundles - NEW! Enjoy a box full of specially selected Library Books, along with snacks and other surprises. Return the books and box after 3 weeks, and keep everything else. Sign up by filling out form here before the first of each month. For grades 7-12.
- YA Book Club now meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 3 pm. Visit the library for more info and to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Upcoming YA Book Club titles:
- October 11 - Hawthorne Legacy - Barnes
- November 8 - Final Gambit - Barnes
- Adult Craft is back! Our next craft will be Saturday, October 7th at 11 am to make Apple Wreath. Call for times and registration!
- Adult Movie - "Book Club the Next Chapter" 10/6 @ 1 pm - Join us for a movie the first Friday of each month at 1 pm. We will bring the popcorn!
- Adult Evening Book Club's next meeting is Tuesday 10/10 at 5:30 pm reading "Fairy Tale" by Stephen King. Visit the library to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Adult Morning Book Club's next meeting is Monday 10/16 at 11 am reading "The Dictionary of Lost Words". Visit the library to pick up a copy. Registration is required and limited.
- Collins Crochet now has 2 sessions! Registration required and limited for each.
- Afternoon next meeting is Wednesday, 9/27 at 3 pm
- Evenings next meeting is Thursday, 9/28 at 5:30 pm
- Afternoon Wednesday 10/18 at 3 pm
- Evening Thursday 10/26 at 5:30 pm
For any of our programming, if you require accommodation, please contact the library 7 days before the program.
More programs coming soon!
Chromebook and Wi-Fi Hotspot Lending
Come check out a Chromebook and Wi-Fi hotspot to for free internet from home!
Check out period is 1 week, you can connect the Chromebook or your home devices to the hotspot. Children 16 and younger need internet permission on their library card and a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Call for more details. Must be picked up from and returned to owning library.
Sports Equipment Lending Program:
Now you can check out sports equipment through the Library!
We have kids sized lacrosse and basketball kits available for check out, free with a library card. (Best for ages 5+)
Also Kids under the age of 17 who have fees can get them removed when the sports equipment it checked out!
Sponsored by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, and winner if the 2021 Penguin Random House Library award for Innovation.
*Parent or guardian must sign a waiver and be present the first time equipment is borrowed. Equipment must be borrowed from and returned to our library. Equipment available for individuals, groups, and camps.
More info available here:
Snowshoe Kit Soccer Kit
Library of Things:
Check out what's available through our catalog!
More items being added soon!
Check out more than just books! Borrow a metal detector, tennis set, and more! Items must be borrowed from and returned to the Collins Library with an Adult card. Call for more details.
What's next? We're working on new ideas!
- 2019 Report to the Community
- 2020 Report to the Community
- 2021 Report to the Community
- 2022 Report to the Community
Board of Trustees
Holly Martindale, President
David Williams, Vice President
Edith Schell, Secretary
Becky Jo Summers, Treasurer
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
2023 Upcoming Regular Meeting Dates: 8/3, 10/5, 12/7
- Meeting Minutes 8/3/2023 - Regular Meeting - In Library - Draft
- Meeting Minutes 6/12/2023 - Regular Meeting - In Library
- Meeting Minutes 5/4/2023 - Policy Committee Meeting - Bylaws
- Proposed Bylaws changes - approved 8/3/2023
- Meeting Minutes 4/18/2023 - Regular Meeting - In Library
- Meeting Minute 2/21/2023 - Finance Committee
- Meeting Minutes 2/2/2023 - Regular Meeting - In Library
- Meeting Minutes 12/08/2022 - Regular Meeting - In Library
- Meeting Minutes 10/26/2022 - Policies Committee
- Meeting Minutes 8/13/2022 - Regular Meeting - In Library
- Meeting Minutes 8/4/2022 - Regular Meeting - In library
- Meeting Minutes 6/2/2022 Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 4/28/2022 - Policies Committee
- Meeting Minutes 4/7/2022 Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 3/31/2022 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 2/17/2022 - Finance Committee
- See below for 2022 proposed Discretionary Budget
- Meeting Minutes 2/3/2022 Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 1/13/22 - Safety Committee
- Long Range Plan 2022-2026 - Approved at meeting 2/3/2022
- Meeting Minutes 12/16/2021 - Planning Committee
- Meeting Minutes 12/09/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 10/25/2021 - Policy Committee meeting
- Meeting Minutes 10/7/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 9/1/2021 - Special Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 8/5/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 7/26/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 7/12/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 6/28/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 6/3/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 5/4/2021 - Finance Committee
- Meeting Minutes 4/8/2021 - Regular Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 4/6/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 3/25/2021 - Special Meeting
- Meeting Minutes 3/9/2021 - Planning Committee
- Meeting Minutes 2/22/2021 - Finance Committee
- Draft Local Budget documents will be under Budget, once updates complete
- Meeting Minutes 2/11/2021
- Meeting Minutes 2/9/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 1/26/2021 - Safety Committee
- Meeting Minutes 1/19/2021 - Safety Committee
- Microcluster Plan - updated
- Meeting Minutes 1/4/2021 - Policy Committee
- Open Meeting Policy - new policy
- 12/19/20 Safety Meeting
- 12/4/20 Regular Meeting
- 11/19/20 Safety Committee
- 11/5/20 Safety Committee
- 10/20/20 Safety Committee
- 10/1/20 Regular Meeting
- 8/25/20 Safety Committee
- 8/6/20 Regular Meeting
- 7/28/20 Safety Committee
- 6/30/20 Safety Committee
- 6/4/20 Regular Meeting
- 5/28/20 Special Meeting
- 4/2/20 Regular Meeting
- Resolution 8/8/2019