1715 Bedell Rd.
Grand Island, NY 14072
Located on Bedell Road between Baseline Road and Stony Point Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available.
Public Access Computers: 15 computers, networked, laser printing 10¢ per B&W page and 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room. Study Rooms. Microfilm reader.
Copy machine charges:
- 8½ x 11 Black & White 15¢
- 8½ x 11 Color 50¢
- 8½ x 14 (Legal) Black & White 25¢
- 8½ x 14 (Legal) Color 75¢
What's Special About the Grand Island Library?
- The Friends of the Library! Browse their book store and book shelf for nearly new books and media. Consider becoming a Friend and enjoy the benefits of buy one, get one book from the store and Members' Night at the bi-annual Donated Book Sale. The Friends membership application can be found here. Please fill out and return to the library with the proper membership fee.
- Grand Island History including a complete run of the Grand Island Dispatch newspaper is available here.
- Remember to look at our student's art work from the Grand Island Schools in our meeting room.
- Be sure to view the work of many area artists on display in the library's main area.
- Please come and enjoy the gardens maintained by the Cinderella Isle garden Club too.
For more information, visit the library or contact the library director, Bridgette Heintz, at 773-7124.
Friends of the Library On-going Book Sale
Nearly new books donated by community members are offered for sale by the Friends of the Library on a book shelf located within the library during open library hours.
Current prices are as follows (unless noted differently on the shelves)
Adult Hardcover $1.00
- Large $1.00
- Pocket Size $ .50
Children’s Hardcover $1.00
Children’s Softcover $ .50
Children’s Thin and/or Small Books $ .25
Books on CD, DVDs and Music CDs $1.00
Grand Island Memorial Library Policies
- Bulletin Board Policy
- Claims Audit Policy
- Conflict of Interest
- Cooperation with Organizations and Agencies Policy
- Display Policy
- Distribution of Community Information Policy
- Ethics Policy
- Gift Policy & Donor Form
- Invest Policy
- Materials Selection Policy
- Meeting Room Policy
- Petition Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Rules of Conduct
The Grand Island Memorial Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Due to the NYS Micro Cluster Orange Zone status for this area, the Grand Island Memorial Library will be open for curbside pick-up only beginning Friday, November 20th.
Curbside pick-up hours will be Monday and Tuesday 12-8 and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9-5.
To place orders for in house items, call the library at 773-7124 or visit the Grand Island Library’s online order form here.
The BECPL hold system is still active and any available holds can be picked up using curbside service. Before placing a hold, it is recommended for patrons to check the online catalog for available items at www.buffalolib.org .
While under Orange Zone status, the drop box will remain open. All returned materials are subject to a 96 hour (or 4 day) quarantine. Items will be back dated to their date of return once they come off quarantine.
For questions, please call 773-7124 during curbside pick-up hours.
Please visit www.buffalolib.org for continued library system updates and to see which libraries are open for regular service.
For questions, please call the Grand Island Memorial Library at 773-7124 during curbside hours.
Please visit www.buffalolib.org for continued library system updates.
The Grand Island Memorial Library Safety Plan can be found here.
The Grand Island Memorial Library Reopening Plan can be found here.
The Grand Island Memorial Library Micro-Cluster Plan can be found here.
Adult Book Club
Adult Book Club will be held via Zoom until further notice. As in person meeting restrictions are lessened, the website will be updated with new information.
Book Club meets monthly on various Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
All are welcome, please email the library director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the meeting.
Zoom invites will be emailed out the day of each meeting to those who register.
Physical copies of the books will be available for check out, please call the library to reserve a copy.
December 21st - Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts
January 25th - The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
February 22nd - Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
March 15th - The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
April 19th - Lovely War by Julie Berry
Board of Trustees 2020
Richard Crawford Jr. - President
Jill Banaszak - Vice-President
Pat Rizzuto - Secretary
Richard Earne - Treasurer
Agnes Becker - Trustee
Library Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
Schedule of Meetings for 2021: 1/7, 3/11, 5/13, special meeting in July (date TBD), 9/9, & 11/4 at 4:00 pm. Meetings will be held via Zoom and live streamed on the Town's YouTube Channel until further notice. If allowable under COVID restrictions at the time of each meeting, in person viewing of the live stream will be available at the Grand Island Town Hall.
Click on bolded blue text for links to documents and videos.
- January 9, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- Special Meeting March 17, 2020
- Special Meeting March 26, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- May 14, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting June 4, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting July 2, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting July 30, 2020 in the conference room of the Grand Island Highway Dept. (1820 Whitehaven Rd.). YouTube recording available here.
- August 27, 2020 (replaces regular September meeting) via Zoom. YouTube recording available here.
- Special Meeting October 20, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- November 5, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting November 19, 2020 at 4:00 pm via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- February 8, 2018
- March 8, 2018
- Special Meeting March 29, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Special Meeting July 17, 2018
- Special Meeting August 30, 2018
- September 6, 2018
- November 1, 2018
- Special Meeting December 6, 2018
Friends of the Grand Island Memorial Library Meeting Minutes