1715 Bedell Rd.
Grand Island, NY 14072
Located on Bedell Road between Baseline Road and Stony Point Road. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available.
Public Access Computers: 15 computers, networked, laser printing 10¢ per B&W page and 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room. Study Rooms. Microfilm reader.
Copy machine charges:
- 8½ x 11 Black & White 15¢
- 8½ x 11 Color 50¢
- 8½ x 14 (Legal) Black & White 25¢
- 8½ x 14 (Legal) Color 75¢
What's Special About the Grand Island Library?
- The Friends of the Library! Browse their book store and book shelf for nearly new books and media. Consider becoming a Friend and enjoy the benefits of buy one, get one book from the store and Members' Night at the bi-annual Donated Book Sale. The Friends membership application can be found here. Please fill out and return to the library with the proper membership fee.
- Grand Island History including a complete run of the Grand Island Dispatch newspaper is available here.
- Remember to look at our student's art work from the Grand Island Schools in our meeting room.
- Be sure to view the work of many area artists on display in the library's main area.
- Please come and enjoy the gardens maintained by the Cinderella Isle garden Club too.
For more information, visit the library or contact the library director, Bridgette Heintz, at 773-7124.
Friends of the Library On-going Book Sale
Nearly new books donated by community members are offered for sale by the Friends of the Library on a book shelf located within the library during open library hours.
Current prices are as follows (unless noted differently on the shelves)
Adult Hardcover $1.00
- Large $1.00
- Pocket Size $ .50
Children’s Hardcover $1.00
Children’s Softcover $ .50
Children’s Thin and/or Small Books $ .25
Books on CD, DVDs and Music CDs $1.00
Grand Island Memorial Library Policies
- Bulletin Board Policy
- Claims Audit Policy
- Conflict of Interest
- Cooperation with Organizations and Agencies Policy
- Display Policy
- Distribution of Community Information Policy
- Ethics Policy
- Gift Policy & Donor Form
- Invest Policy
- Materials Selection Policy
- Meeting Room Policy
- Petition Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Rules of Conduct
- Whistleblower Policy
The Grand Island Memorial Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
The Grand Island Memorial Library is now open to the public and the hours are as follows:
Monday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Proper mask wearing and social distancing are required at all times while in the building.
Curbside service is still available. Please call 773-7124 during open hours for more information or use our online form at https://forms.gle/d9iKVKkdD1uciZge9
The book drop is open. All returned materials will be backdated accordingly once they are taken off mandatory 96 hour (or 4 day) quarantine.
Please visit www.buffalolib.org for continued library system updates.
The Grand Island Memorial Library Safety Plan can be found here.
The Grand Island Memorial Library Reopening Plan can be found here.
Adult Book Club
Adult Book Club will be held via Zoom until further notice. As in person meeting restrictions are lessened, the website will be updated with new information.
Book Club meets monthly on various Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
All are welcome, please email the library director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the meeting.
Zoom invites will be emailed out the day of each meeting to those who register.
Physical copies of the books will be available for check out, please call the library to reserve a copy.
December 21st - Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts
January 25th - The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
February 22nd - Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
March 15th - The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
April 19th - Lovely War by Julie Berry
May 17th – Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
June 21st – The Last Flight by Julie Clark
July 19th – Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
August 16th – Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
September 20th – Disappearing Earth by Julia Philips
October 18th – The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larsen
November 15th – The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michelle Richardson
December 20th – Still Life by Louise Penny
Board of Trustees 2021
Richard Crawford Jr. - President
Jill Banaszak - Vice-President
Pat Rizzuto - Secretary
Richard Earne - Treasurer
Agnes Becker - Trustee
Library Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
Schedule of Meetings for 2021: 1/7, 3/11, 5/13, special meeting in July (date TBD), 9/9, & 11/4 at 4:00 pm. Meetings will be held via Zoom and live streamed on the Town's YouTube Channel until further notice. If allowable under COVID restrictions at the time of each meeting, in person viewing of the live stream will be available at the Grand Island Town Hall.
Click on bolded blue text for links to documents and videos.
- January 7, 2021 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- March 11, 2021 via Zoom at 4:00 pm. Meeting will be available for live viewing on the Town of Grand Island's YouTube page here. Agenda is here.
- May 13, 2021
- January 9, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- Special Meeting March 17, 2020
- Special Meeting March 26, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- May 14, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting June 4, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting July 2, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting July 30, 2020 in the conference room of the Grand Island Highway Dept. (1820 Whitehaven Rd.). YouTube recording available here.
- August 27, 2020 (replaces regular September meeting) via Zoom. YouTube recording available here.
- Special Meeting October 20, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- November 5, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting November 19, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting December 22, 2020 via Zoom. You Tube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- Special Meeting December 28, 2020 via Zoom. YouTube recording available here. Transcript available here.
- February 8, 2018
- March 8, 2018
- Special Meeting March 29, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Special Meeting July 17, 2018
- Special Meeting August 30, 2018
- September 6, 2018
- November 1, 2018
- Special Meeting December 6, 2018
Friends of the Grand Island Memorial Library Meeting Minutes