18 Chapel St.
Springville, NY 14141
The Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord was built in 1994 and is located in beautiful downtown Springville and faces historic Fiddlers Green Park. Chapel Street is located off Main Street (Route 39) in the Village of Springville. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available.
There are 8 Public Computers and 6 public laptops with free Internet Access and Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Ancestry.com and numerous databases. Printing is available at 10 cents per page for black & white and 25 cents per page for color copies. There are also 3 children’s computers available and 2 scanners.
Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout the library. To learn more, click this link "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Our meeting room as well as our display case are available for non-profit, public use. Please give us a call for more information. Meeting room capacity is 35. Click here for the Hulbert Library Meeting Room Rules of Use.
Copy machine services are available at the prices listed below:
15 cents per copy for 8 1/2 x 11
30 cents per copy for 8 1/2 x 14
Public fax services are available through FaxScan24. The first page is $1.75 with a cost of an additional dollar per page.
Fax cards are available for purchase.
The Concord Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
New! Virtual Concord Public Library'w Weekly Book Discussion via Zoom!
Beginning Tuesday April 14th 1-2 pm
Since we can't meet in person and miss seeing you all, we are starting a weekly lighthearted discussion of books we (and you!) have been reading...and our ever growing list of books we've been wanting to read!.
All are welcome!
Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom meeting invite.
Concord Public Library will be closed to the public in support of the Erie County Dept. of Health (ECDOH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) efforts to reduce public exposure to COVID-19.
All items currently checked out will have their due dates extended to May 18th.
Visit Us From Home! www.buffalolib.org is always open for you to download a book, enjoy and stream music, research your family history and more!,
Thank you for your support and your patience during this public health crisis.
We all miss seeing your friendly faces - stay home and stay healthy!
The handy and organized resource list below was created by the amazing staff at the Hamburg Public Library - thank you for letting us share!.
Board of Trustees
Dr. Susan Fischbeck - President
Stephanie Bacon - Vice President
Susan Putney - Treasurer
Robert Adler - Secretary
Geoffrey G. Gorsuch
BECOME A LIBRARY TRUSTEE!
Library trustees are powerful advocates for libraries in our community! Interested? Contact Jennifer Morris, Library Director at 716-592-7742.
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
2020 Board Meeting Schedule - all meetings are held the first Thursday of the month at 9am in the library's meeting room and are open to everyone.
- January 2nd
- February 6th
- March 12th
*Special Meeting Monday March 30th @ 1pm - Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/73211166. You can also dial in using your phone (646) 749-3122 Access Code: 732-111-661
*April 2nd. - Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/387211613. You can also dial in using your phone.
(571) 317-3122 Access Code: 387-211-613
- May 7th
- June 4th
- July -no meeting
- August-no meeting
- September 3rd
- October 1st
- November 5th
- December 3rd
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- Special Meeting June 19, 2019
- Special Meeting June 27th 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2018
- Special Meeting January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- Special Meeting June 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- February 2017
- Special Meeting February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- Special Meeting April 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017
- Special Meeting June 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
HULBERT LIBRARY OF THE TOWN OF CONCORD BY-LAWS
18 CHAPEL STREET, SPRINGVILLE NY 14141
ARTICLE I. TENURE OF THE OFFICE OF TRUSTEES
1. The Board of Trustees (hereafter the Board) of the HULBERT LIBRARY of the Town of Concord (hereafter HLTC) shall consist of no less than 5, but no more than 11, members each serving a term of five years. A member will be appointed or reappointed at the expiration of the term (or in the event of a vacancy) by the elected members of the Concord Town Board following submission of the name of the nominee by the HLTC Board. (See Art.I, Sec.2.)
2. To fill an impending vacancy, a Nominating Committee of Board members shall be appointed by the President two months prior to expiration of the term. In the event of an unforeseen vacancy, said Committee may be appointed at the next regular Board meeting.
3. The majority of the Board must be residents of the Town of Concord.
ARTICLE II. OFFICERS
1. The officers of the Board shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer elected annually by a majority vote of the members of the Board at the January meeting.
2. Duties of the officers:
a. The President shall preside at all meetings, and shall execute on behalf of the HLTC any and all business which is authorized by the Board. The President shall be a member of all Standing and Special Committees.
b. The Vice-President shall act as president in the absence or disability of the President or when the Board shall so direct.
c. The Secretary shall direct the sending of notice of meetings of the Board, record its transactions and conduct its correspondence.
d. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the receiving, recording, disbursing and the keeping and maintaining of accurate records of the funds and documents in the private treasury of the HLTC.
ARTICLE III. MEETINGS
1. Regular meetings shall be held monthly on the first Thursday (holidays excluded), unless expressly designated otherwise at the immediately previous monthly meeting. Meeting time shall be 9:00 AM unless established for another time at the previous meeting. The Library Director shall, under the direction of the Secretary, have published notices of meetings in the SPRINGVILLE JOURNAL, post the same notice on the main entrance door of the library one week prior to the meeting, and enter upcoming meetings into the library’s Evanced calendar found on the library’s webpage (http://www.buffalolib.org/content/library-locations/concord).
2. Special meetings shall be held at the call of the President and two trustees, all trustees having been notified; notice of said meeting to be posted on the main entrance door of the library.
3. All meetings other than executive sessions shall be open to the general public.
4. A majority of the Board shall constitute a quorum. In the event of a lack of a quorum at a regular monthly meeting, approval for the payment of Bills may be authorized by the President or his designated-officer.
5. Proceedings shall be conducted in the manner usual in deliberative bodies.
a. Roberts’ Rules of Order will be the parliamentary authority.
b. The "ayes” and "nays” on any vote shall be entered on the minutes at the request of any Board member present.
6. The order of business shall be as follows:
a. Call to order: time and attendance recorded
b. Secretary’s Report
c. Treasurer Report
d. Approval of Bills
e. Library Improvements
f. Report on Committee Work performed by the Library Director
g. Town Board Report
i. Director’s Report
j. Old Business
k. New Business
l. Set next meeting date
ARTICLE IV.COMMITTEES AND THEIR DUTIES
1. The following standing committees and vacancies on the committees shall be appointed by the President, subject to approval by the majority of the Board:
a. Finance and Budget.
b. Personnel and Public Relations.
c. Building and Grounds.
e. Private Funds.
2. Special committees may be appointed by the President, subject to approval by the Board, to carry out specific tasks.
3. All committees shall report their progress at the appropriate time(s).
ARTICLE V. DIRECTOR OF THE LIBRARY
1. The Director of the Library (hereafter Librarian) shall be appointed by a majority of the Board to serve at the pleasure of the Board. The librarian shall be responsible for the proper performance of the duties of a librarian, prudent expenditure of funds allocated to library operation, and the supervision of personnel employed by the Board.
2. The Librarian shall be professionally qualified to serve as Director in accordance with the regulations of the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library (hereafter BECPL), and those of the New York State Commissioner of Education.
3. The librarian shall attend the regular monthly meetings of the Board, and report to the Board at the scheduled time on the regular agenda, as well as respond on all matters pertaining to the operation of the library, as required by the Board.
ARTICLE VI. THE CONTRACT AND BUDGET
1. Annually the Board shall convene to consider the contract agreement between the HLTC and the BECPL. If the contract provisions are satisfactory, the President shall sign said contract and return the specified copies to the proper library division, retaining one for library records.
2. Annually the Librarian of the HLTC shall prepare a list for the Board to be presented to the Town Board for consideration and approval for the funding of materials and/or equipment not requested in the HLTC’s budget request to the BECPL.
ARTICLE VII. MINUTES
1. It shall be the responsibility of the Secretary to see that legible minutes of all meetings be recorded, save executive sessions, and that said minutes be kept bound in a permanent notebook and available to the general public upon request.
ARTICLE VIII. AMENDMENTS
1. By-Laws may be changed or repealed, or new by-laws made only by a majority vote of the Board and only after prior consideration of the matter and an announcement that the vote is to take place at a specified Board meeting.
ARTICLE IX. MINIMUM STANDARDS
1. In providing quality public library service to the citizens of the Town of Concord, the HLTC shall strive to meet or exceed the minimum standards and levels of excellence proposed by the Committee on Minimum Public Library Standards for New York State; said standards having been established and approved in 1989 by the New York State Board of Regents.
ARTICLE X. STANDARDS OF COMPLIANCE
1. HLTC shall comply with the following:
a. Local, state and federal laws.
b. Library Bill of Rights.
c. Free access to the library for minors:
an interpretation of the Library Bill of Right.
d. Freedom to Read Statement.
e. Freedom to View Statement
f. New York Open Government Law.
g. Copyright laws.
h. Policy on Confidentiality of Library Records.
i. New York Library Association Policy Statement on Due Process.
j. Security of employment in the library.
k. Equal Employment Opportunity Act of L972, Public Law 92-261, 86 Statute 103.
ARTICLE XI. INDEMNIFICATION
ARTICLE XII. DISSOLUTION
1. In accordance with the fifth covenant in the Contract signed with the BECPL annually in December, the HLTC shall adhere to its agreement regarding the dissolution of a contract library.
Adopted March 1, 1990
Amended February 4, 1991, January 6, 1995, October 2, 2014, February 9, 2017 and June 1, 2017.