1860 Bowen Rd.
Elma, NY 14059
Located on the corner of Bowen and Rice Roads, east of Route 400. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot and book drop available.
Public Access Computers: 14 computers, networked, including 3 laptops, printing 10¢ per B&W page, 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room, capacity 60. Copy machine, copies 15 cents each. Click here for Meeting Room Policy & Application
We offer Notary Services. Please call ahead to confirm Notary is available.
What's Special About the Elma Library
Local History Collection
Check out our new...
You'll now be able to borrow a variety of non-traditional materials from the Elma Public Library! We have a GoPro camera, a portable record player, musical instruments, robots, and more! Click here to see the full list.
Support your library!
When doing your online shopping, use AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Elma Public Library.
Click here to go to AmazonSmile.
Book Sale Donations
Gently used books in good condition will be accepted during library hours. Please no text books, Reader's Digests, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassette tapes. Donate used books at the Elma Library, at the corner of Bowen & Rice Road or call 652-2719.
Elma Public Library Policies
- Conflict of Interest Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Claims Audit Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Investment Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Procurement Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Rules of Conduct of the Elma Public Library
The Elma Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Ongoing Spring Events
***Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all library programming for the month of April is taking place online. Visit our Facebook page by clicking here.***
- Family Movie Matinee: "Dolittle" - Saturday, May 2 @ 1:30pm. Join us for a free viewing of the new family film "Dolittle" at the Elma Public Library! Rated PG. No need to register.
- An Evening with Andy & Tim Bienkowski - Monday, May 4 @ 6:30pm. Join us for an engaging evening with published authors Andrew and Tim Bienkowski, as they share selected readings from their books and answer questions about their writing journey. They will also share tips to get you started on your own writing path! Please register by calling 652-2719 or by stopping at the front desk.
- Dr. Roswell Park, Renaissance Man - Wednesday, May 6 @ 6:30pm. Learn about the rich and interesting life of Dr. Roswell Park - from his lasting legacy in the practice of medicine, to his innovative approach to the treatment of cancer patients, as well as his home life as a poet, musician, and athlete. Dr. Park was the attending physician to the mortally wounded President William McKinley, who was shot at the 1901 Pan-American Exposition! We'll discuss Dr. Park's brilliant career and his many contributions to the civic life of the Buffalo community. Presented by Cynthia Schwartz, in partnership with University Express. For ages 55 and over. Please call 652-2719 to register.
- Who Was That Man? - Thursday, May 7 @ 2:00pm. As the President's wife, Jacqueline Kennedy was assigned her own Secret Service agent for her personal protection. Who was that man that jumped onto the limousine after the shooting, and what were his thoughts on being given the job of securing the safety of the First Lady? Learn about his tenure with Mrs. Kennedy and about the book he wrote after decades of silence - Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill. Presented by Theresa Wiater, in partnership with University Express. For ages 55 and over. Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Hula Hooping Dance Class! - Friday, May 8 @ 4:00pm. Hula Hoop to a groovin' beat, as Hoop Dance instructor Benjamin Berry demonstrates the dynamic art of hula hooping in this hands-on workshop! Children and families welcome! Funding provided by Buffalo & Erie County Public Library's generous 2019 Yearend Appeal donors. Please register.
- Battle of the Books Informational Meeting - Monday, May 11 @ 6:30pm. For kids entering grades 6-9. This is an informational meeting. Are you a good reader? Love to compete in trivia questions and work as a team? The Elma Public Library is looking for kids just like you! Any interested person should ask to sign up for this year's Battle of the Books or talk to Ms. Kate about what it's all about. We give you the books and you read! You can't win it if you're not in it! Call to register or just show up!
- In the Shadow of the White Oak: Facts Behind the Fiction - Thursday, May 14 @ 2:00pm. Published author Rosanne Higgins discusses her upcoming novel In the Shadow of the White Oak, which spans three centuries of Buffalo's history, focusing on the period just after the American Revolutionary War, the late 19th century, and the beginning of the 20th century. Real historical figures, like Mary Jemison, who inspired characters in the novel, will be discussed. Presented by Rosanne Higgins, in partnership with University Express. For ages 55 and over. Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, May 16 @ 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! Bring a friend! Please register.
- Knitting & Craft Night - Monday, May 18 @ 6:30pm. Calling all crafters! Do you love to knit, crochet, craft or color? Come enjoy a relaxed evening in the library with a community of friendly crafters & knitters. Bring a project you're working on or start a new one! Please bring all necessary supplies. Call 652-2719 to register.
- The Elma Public Library Book Club - Wednesday, May 20 @ 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. All welcome to this fun and lively gathering. Light refreshments will be served.
- Iroquois Central Schools Art Show - May 22nd through May 30th during open library hours. Come see the art on display all week! Please note, we will be closed on Monday, May 25th for Memorial Day.
The Elma Public Library Board of Trustees will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, March 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm to discuss the following resolution:
3/30/2020 - The Elma Public Library shall remain closed until such time as the guidance of the Governor of the State of New York supports reopening. The Elma Public Library Board of Trustees will also cancel our scheduled April 14th, 2020 meeting and shall reconvene as necessary.
The meeting can be accessed through the following link or telephone number.
Elma Public Library Board of Trustees Special Meeting
Mon, Mar 30, 2020 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM (EDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112
Access Code: 599-983-589
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Board of Trustees
Susan Sudlik, President
Thomas E. Pirrung, Vice President
Ellen B. McGreevy, Treasurer
Terry E. Booth, Secretary
Eileen R. Holden Nathan Clinard
The Elma Board of Trustees meets at 6:30pm the second Tuesday of every month, except January, April and August of 2020.
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 10th, 2017
- February 14, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- March 27, 2017 Special Meeting
- April 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017
- August 8, 2017
- August 28, 2017 Special Meeting
- September 12, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- Click here for the By-laws of the Elma Public Library