1860 Bowen Rd.
Elma, NY 14059
Located on the corner of Bowen and Rice Roads, east of Route 400. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot and book drop available.
Public Access Computers: 14 computers, networked, including 3 laptops, printing 10¢ per B&W page, 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room, capacity 60. Copy machine, copies 15 cents each. Click here for Meeting Room Policy & Application
We offer Notary Services. Please call ahead to confirm Notary is available.
What's Special About the Elma Library
Local History Collection
Check out our new...
You'll now be able to borrow a variety of non-traditional materials from the Elma Public Library! We have a GoPro camera, a portable record player, musical instruments, robots, and more! Click here to see the full list.
Support your library!
When doing your online shopping, use AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Elma Public Library.
Click here to go to AmazonSmile.
Elma Public Library Policies
- Conflict of Interest Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Claims Audit Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Investment Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Open Meeting Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Procurement Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Public Health Emergency Operations Plan
- Rules of Conduct of the Elma Public Library
- Safety Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Whistleblower Policy of the Elma Public Library
The Elma Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
The Elma Public Library is open for in-person browsing! Facial coverings are optional for all vaccinated patrons. All non-vaccinated patrons are required to wear a facial covering when in the library.
Our Open Hours are:
Monday 12 - 8pm
Tuesday 10am - 6pm
Wednesday 12 - 8pm
Thursday 10am - 6pm
Friday 10am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Ongoing Summer Events
- Preschool Summer Fun Club - Tuesdays at 10:30am from July 6th to August 10th. For ages 31/2 to 51/2. This year's summer theme is "Tails & Tales." Join us for animal-themed stories, crafts, games and more! Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Vacation Fun Club - Starting Wednesday, July 14th at 6:30pm. For kids entering grades K-3. Join us for crafts, games and stories all summer long! Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Cults, Sects, & "Fringe Groups" in American History - Monday, June 21 at 2:00pm. We're streaming LIVE University Express classes here at the library! Exclusive, focused social groups with aberrant or theological ideologies are common throughout history. Why do people join such organizations? Presented by Phillips Stevens, PhD, associate professor of Anthropology emeritus, University at Buffalo, SUNY. This Erie County Department of Senior Services University Express program is provided for patrons age 55 and over. Registration is required. Call 652-2719 to register.
- Inside the White House - Tuesday, June 22 at 2:00pm. We're streaming LIVE University Express classes here at the library! The White House is an enduring symbol of the United States. For over 220 years, it has served U.S. presidents as a home, office, and stage. Learn about the history and roles of the White House and explore how the building has changed over time. Presented by Courtney Speckmann, Board Trustee, Buffalo Presidential Center; Director of Education, Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park. This Erie County Department of Senior Services University Express program is provided for patrons age 55 and over. Registration is required. Call 652-2719 to register.
- Summer Kick-off Concert with Glenn Colton! - Thursday, June 24 at 3:45pm. Join the fun and put on your dancing shoes! Author, songwriter and children's entertainer Glenn Colton will be kicking off our summer at the Elma Library with a family-friendly concert for all ages! Mr. Incredible will be making a special appearance before the concert! Space is limited and registration is required. Facial coverings are optional for all vaccinated patrons. All non-vaccinated patrons are required to wear a facial covering while attending the event. If you'd like, you can bring some lawn chairs and/or blankets to sit on for the concert. Call 652-2719 to register. Funding for this program is provided by Buffalo & Erie County Public Library's generous 2019 Yearend Appeal donors.
- The Early Women of Lily Dale: Spiritualists, Suffragists, & Psychic Healers - Friday, July 2 at 10:00am. We're streaming LIVE University Express classes here at the library! This talk will focus on key female figures in the early history of Lily Dale, their contributions to the early modern spiritualist community, and the characters they inspired in the "Orphans and Inmates" series. Presented by Rosanne Higgins, PhD, author; adjunct professor of Anthropology, University at Buffalo, SUNY. This Erie County Department of Senior Services University Express program is provided for patrons age 55 and over. All participants must wear masks and maintain social distancing. Space is limited. Registration is required. Call 652-2719 to register.
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, July 21 at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan. Copies of the book are available for you to check out - just ask at the front desk! All are welcome to this fun and lively gathering! Sign up by calling 652-2719 or by stopping in at the library.
A new Virtual Learning/Homeschooling subject guide has been added to the Library website. This is a great educational resource for any families and children learning from home this fall! It features learning resources for all grade levels, as well as virtual tours of museums, zoos, aquariums and historical sites! Click here to check it out!
The next meeting of the Elma Public Library Board of Trustees will be on Tuesday, August 10th at 6:30pm at the Elma Public Library. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, please call 652-2719.
Board of Trustees
Susan Sudlik, President
Thomas E. Pirrung, Vice President
Ellen B. McGreevy, Treasurer
Nathan Clinard, Secretary Eileen R. Holden Kelly J. Helbling
The Elma Board of Trustees meets at 6:30pm the second Tuesday of every month, except for July and December of 2021.
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- March 30, 2020 Special Meeting For a link to the recording, please click here.
- May 26, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 13th, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 10th, 2017
- February 14, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- March 27, 2017 Special Meeting
- April 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017
- August 8, 2017
- August 28, 2017 Special Meeting
- September 12, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- Click here for the By-laws of the Elma Public Library
- Click here for the Elma Public Library's Three Year Plan 2019-2021