1860 Bowen Rd.
Elma, NY 14059
Located on the corner of Bowen and Rice Roads, east of Route 400. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot and book drop available.
Public Access Computers: 14 computers, networked, including 3 laptops, printing 10¢ per B&W page, 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room, capacity 60. Copy machine, copies 15 cents each. Click here for Meeting Room Policy & Application
We offer Notary services. Please call ahead to see if Notary is available.
What's Special About the Elma Library
Local History Collection
Check out our new...
You'll now be able to borrow a variety of non-traditional materials from the Elma Public Library! We have a GoPro camera, a portable record player, musical instruments, robots, and more! Click here to see the full list.
Support your library!
When doing your online shopping, use AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Elma Public Library.
Click here to go to AmazonSmile.
Elma Public Library Policies
- Conflict of Interest Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Claims Audit Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Display Case Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Freedom of Information Law of the Elma Public Library
- Investment Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Open Meeting Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Procurement Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Public Health Emergency Operations Plan
- Rules of Conduct of the Elma Public Library
- Safety Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Whistleblower Policy of the Elma Public Library
The Elma Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Ongoing Winter Programs
- Toddler Time - Two sessions are offered at 10:30am on Tuesdays and Fridays respectively. Session runs from November 15th to December 16th. For children up to 3 years old. Treat your toddler to some song and stories! Toddlers must bring an adult lap to sit on. Please register by calling 716-652-2719.
- Preschool Story Time - Thursdays at 10:30am from November 17th to December 15th. For ages 3-5. Prepare your child for school with our Children's Librarian, Jessi! We'll be doing stories, games and crafts! Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Teen Book Boxes! - For grades 7-12. Get your own curated box of books to read from the library! Each box will come with two library books handpicked for you, along with snacks and goodies for you to keep. Forms may be submitted by clicking here or by filling out an order form at the Elma Public Library. Boxes may be picked up any time starting December 16th.
- Graham Cracker Houses! - Saturday, December 10th at 10:30am, 11:30am & 12:30pm. For all ages! Back by popular demand, build a festive graham cracker house for the holidays! Supplies will be provided free of charge, sponsored by the Friends of the Elma Public Library. Sign up for one of three sessions listed above. Space is limited and spots fill up quickly! Call 716-652-2719 to register.
- Elf Academy: A Holiday Storytime! - Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30pm. For children in grades K-3. Join us for a Christmas-themed storytime! We'll have games and crafts as well! Please call 716-652-2719 to register.
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, December 17th at 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! We provide the Legos, and you build! Call 652-2719 to register.
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, December 21st at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren. Sign up by calling 652-2719 or stop in at the library. We'll provide you with a copy of the book! All are welcome!
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, January 18th at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is Bewilderment by Richard Powers. Sign up by calling 652-2719 or stop in at the library. We'll provide you with a copy of the book! All are welcome!
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, January 28th at 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! We provide the Legos, and you build! Call 652-2719 to register.
Individuals in need of an accommodation for any program listed above may contact the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com within 7 days of a program.
A new Virtual Learning/Homeschooling subject guide has been added to the Library website. This is a great educational resource for any families and children learning from home this fall! It features learning resources for all grade levels, as well as virtual tours of museums, zoos, aquariums and historical sites! Click here to check it out!
The next meeting of the Elma Public Library Board of Trustees will be on Tuesday, December 13th at 6:30pm at the Elma Public Library. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, please call 652-2719.
Board of Trustees
Susan Sudlik, President
Thomas E. Pirrung, Vice President
Paul E. Schwiegerling, Treasurer
Nathan Clinard, Secretary Eileen R. Holden Ellen B. McGreevy
The Elma Board of Trustees meets at 6:30pm the second Tuesday of every month, except for January and August of 2022.
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- February 8, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- March 8, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- April 12, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- May 10, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- June 12, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- July 12, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents & 2022 Elma Contract for Board Review / Meeting Minutes
- September 13, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- October 11, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- November 8, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Draft of Meeting Minutes
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- June 8th, 2021
- August 10th, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 14, 2021 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Meeting Minutes
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- March 30, 2020 Special Meeting For a link to the recording, please click here.
- May 26, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 13th, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 10th, 2017
- February 14, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- March 27, 2017 Special Meeting
- April 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017
- August 8, 2017
- August 28, 2017 Special Meeting
- September 12, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- Click here for the By-laws of the Elma Public Library
- Click here for the Elma Public Library's Three Year Plan 2022-2024