1860 Bowen Rd.
Elma, NY 14059
Located on the corner of Bowen and Rice Roads, east of Route 400. Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot and book drop available.
Public Access Computers: 14 computers, networked, including 3 laptops, printing 10¢ per B&W page, 25¢ per color page, flatbed scanner, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, Misc. "What can I do at a Public Access Computer?"
Meeting Room, capacity 60. Copy machine, copies 15 cents each. Click here for Meeting Room Policy & Application
We offer Notary Services. Please call ahead to confirm Notary is available.
What's Special About the Elma Library
Local History Collection
Check out our new...
You'll now be able to borrow a variety of non-traditional materials from the Elma Public Library! We have a GoPro camera, a portable record player, musical instruments, robots, and more! Click here to see the full list.
Support your library!
When doing your online shopping, use AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Elma Public Library.
Click here to go to AmazonSmile.
Elma Public Library Policies
- Conflict of Interest Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Claims Audit Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Freedom of Information Law of the Elma Public Library
- Investment Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Open Meeting Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Procurement Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Public Health Emergency Operations Plan
- Rules of Conduct of the Elma Public Library
- Safety Policy of the Elma Public Library
- Whistleblower Policy of the Elma Public Library
The Elma Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
The Elma Public Library is open for in-person browsing! Facial coverings are required when in the library for all patrons, regardless of vaccination status.
Our Open Hours are:
Monday 12 - 8pm
Tuesday 10am - 6pm
Wednesday 12 - 8pm
Thursday 10am - 6pm
Friday 10am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Ongoing Winter Programs
- Preschool Story Time - Thursdays at 10:30am from January 13th through February 17th. For ages 3-5. Prepare your child for school with Ms. Alison! We'll be doing stories, games and crafts! Please register by calling 652-2719.
- Take Your Child to the Library Day! - Saturday, February 5th. Join us at the Elma Library for the 11th annual Take Your Child to the Library Day, and come meet our new Children's Librarian Jessi! Stop in anytime throughout the day! We'll have crafts and goodies for the kids!
- "Happy Hearts Day!": A Valentine's Day Storytime for Kids - Wednesday, February 9th at 6:30pm. For children in grades K-3. Join us for Valentine's Day-themed stories, games and crafts! Please register by calling 652-2719. Please note, all children must observe current mask & social distancing guidelines.
- Computer Class: Book a Technology Trainer - Friday, February 11th from 1:00 to 4:00pm. Need computer assistance? We can help! These free 45 minute sessions are designed to assist with software support or Internet training. Topics include training on the Microsoft Office suite and even how to download books onto your tablet or iPhone. Pre-registration required by calling 652-2719 or by stopping in. All attendees must observe current mask guidelines.
- An Afternoon with Authors Lissa Marie Redmond & Dennis Adams - Saturday, February 12th at 1:00pm. Retired cold-case detective turned bestselling novelist Lissa Marie Redmond and former Buffalo police officer Dennis Adams will join us to discuss their new novels, and to answer questions about their respective writing journeys. Call 652-2719 to register. Please note, all attendees must abide by current mask and social distancing guidelines.
- Elma Library Book Club - Wednesday, February 16th at 6:30pm. This month's book club selection is The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth. Sign up by calling 652-2719 or stop in at the library. We'll provide you with a copy of the book! All are welcome!
- Elma Lego Club - Saturday, February 19th at 1:00pm. For ages 6-12. Join us for some Lego-building fun! Bring a friend! Call 652-2719 to register. Please note, all attendees must abide by current mask and social distancing guidelines.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover - Tuesday, February 22nd at 4:00pm. Have you ever wondered what happens at the library when it's closed? We'll share our secrets with your stuffed animal friends at our Stuffed Animal Sleepover! Join us as we read goodnight stories to your stuffed animal and tuck it in for the night. Come pick up your animal at 2:00pm the next day and see what your stuffed animal was up to! Please register by calling 652-2719 or by stopping in. All attendees must observe current mask guidelines.
- Computer Class: Introduction to the Libby App - Saturday, February 26th at 10:30am to 12:30pm. In this class, we'll learn how to set up the Libby App on your device and explain its features, including how to download books and audiobooks to your device using the app. This class requires basic mobile device skills and an active Buffalo & Erie County Public Library card. Pre-registration required by calling 652-2719 or by stopping in. All attendees must observe current mask guidelines.
Individuals in need of an accommodation for any program listed above may contact the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com within 7 days of a program.
A new Virtual Learning/Homeschooling subject guide has been added to the Library website. This is a great educational resource for any families and children learning from home this fall! It features learning resources for all grade levels, as well as virtual tours of museums, zoos, aquariums and historical sites! Click here to check it out!
The next meeting of the Elma Public Library Board of Trustees will be on Tuesday, February 8th at 6:30pm at the Elma Public Library. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, please call 652-2719.
Board of Trustees
Susan Sudlik, President
Thomas E. Pirrung, Vice President
Ellen B. McGreevy, Treasurer
Nathan Clinard, Secretary Eileen R. Holden Paul E. Schwiegerling
The Elma Board of Trustees meets at 6:30pm the second Tuesday of every month, except for January and July of 2022.
Board Meetings, Agendas, Minutes
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- June 8th, 2021
- August 10th, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 14, 2021 Board Meeting Agenda and Documents / Draft of Meeting Minutes
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- March 30, 2020 Special Meeting For a link to the recording, please click here.
- May 26, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 13th, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 10th, 2017
- February 14, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- March 27, 2017 Special Meeting
- April 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017
- August 8, 2017
- August 28, 2017 Special Meeting
- September 12, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- Click here for the By-laws of the Elma Public Library
- Click here for the Elma Public Library's Three Year Plan 2022-2024