1300 Union Rd.
West Seneca, NY 14224
Located within the West Seneca Community Center & Library found in Centennial Park, one half mile north of the Southgate Plaza, next to Town Hall.
Wheelchair accessible. Parking lot available.
Copy machine: 15 cents each for black & white, 30 cents for color for 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.
Fax or scan using a Prepaid Card-
USA, Canada & Caribbean : $1.75 for the first page, $1.00 for each additional page. Internationally: $3.75 for the first page, $6.75 for 2 pages, and $10.75 for up to 3 pages.
Fax or scan using Credit/Debit-
USA, Canada & Caribbean : $1.75 for the first page, $1.00 for each additional page. Internationally: $3.95 for the first page, $3.45 for each additional page.
Public Access Computers with Internet, printers (10 cents black & white, 25 cents color), and three scanners.
Laptops are available for checkout to use within the library with a valid library card.
Sit-down, full-color, auto-focus video magnifier unit available for public use in the library (16 levels of magnification).
Town of West Seneca
West Seneca Schools
West Seneca Historical Society
Individuals interested in volunteering at the B&ECPL must fill out a Volunteer Application and a Volunteer Liability Waiver and Release form. Volunteers under the age of 17 will be designated as Junior Volunteers and must have parental approval to volunteer.
Volunteers will be accepted based on the library’s project and programmatic needs matched with the individuals’ qualifications/interests as determined during the selection process. The library may not accept every volunteer application. A background check and/or reference checking may be required before any volunteer can begin an assignment.
Community Room Reservation Requests
Community Room Reservation Requests are made online via a link on the Town of West Seneca web site. West Seneca Public Library events and certain Town of West Seneca meeting functions receive priority for scheduling purposes.
Beyond these West Seneca Public Library or Town events, the Community Room is intended for use for free public events, workshops, educational classes and meetings. Documentation naming the Town of West Seneca as additional insured during a meeting/event will be required.
A representative of the West Seneca Public Library or Town of West Seneca will respond to the online Community Room Reservation Request as soon as possible.
The West Seneca Public Library features 5 study rooms available for use during regular library hours. The rooms are intended for informal individual or small group use and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Rooms may be booked for up to 2 hours per day. For more information or to book a time slot, please stop by the library or call us at 674-2928.
West Seneca Public Library Policies
- Bulletin Board Policy
- Claims Auditor Policy
- Conflict Of Interest Policy
- Distribution Policy
- Ethics Policy
- Exhibits And Displays Policy
- Freedom of Information Law Policy
- Gift & Donor Recognition Policy
- Investment Policy
- Lost And Found Policy
- Petty Cash Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Rules of Conduct
- Whistleblower Policy
The West Seneca Public Library is a member of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
Upcoming EventsThe West Seneca Public Library has been identified as being in a NYS Micro-Cluster ORANGE Zone. Per NYS Micro-Cluster Strategy and West Seneca Public Library's COVID-19 Micro-Cluster Plan, the library will shift to CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY as of Friday, November 20th. Please call the library at (716) 674-2928 for information or to place a curbside pickup request. THE BOOK DROP IS OPEN.
The hours will be as follows:
- Mon 9am-8pm
- Tues 9am-8pm
- Wed 9am-5pm
- Thurs 9am-8pm
- Fri 9am-5pm
- Sat 10am-4pm
- Virtual (online) Make-it-at-Home Saturday craft programs. Pictures and/or videos are posted weekly on Saturdays via the West Seneca Public Library's Facebook page!
- Virtual (online) Dungeons & Dragons Club- Saturdays via Discord, 1:30 PM-3:30 PM
- Virtual (online) Books & Barks - NEXT DATE TBA. Please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive a meeting link prior to the meeting.
- Virtual (online) Story Readings with Emily are posted weekly on the West Seneca Public Library's Facebook page!
Friends of the West Seneca Public Library
The Friends of the West Seneca Public Library are community members with an interest in supporting the services offered by the library. The Friends also provide funding for books, programs and supplies for children and adults.
The Friends have an ongoing fundraiser! Purchase a personalized, hand-carved wooden book which will be displayed in the library over the fireplace! Full details here.
Next meeting: TBD
West Seneca School Yearbook Collection
The West Seneca Public Library now has several West Seneca school yearbooks available for in-library use. A list of the volumes included in the collection (along with volumes that we do not yet have) can be found HERE.
A special thank you to the West Seneca Central School District and the West Seneca West alumni for their generous efforts in helping to assemble this collection of yearbooks!
Board of Trustees
All West Seneca Library Board meetings are open to the public and take place in the library.
Board meetings currently scheduled are:
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - 2:00pm
Board Meetings Agendas, Minutes
- January 15, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- February 19, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- March 18, 2020: Agenda (meeting cancelled)
- March 30, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- April 29, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- May 20, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- June 1, 2020: Agenda | Minutes | Reopening Plan | Reopening Safety Plan
- June 17, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- July 1, 2020: Agenda | Minutes | REVISED Reopening Safety Plan
- July 29, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- September 16, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
- October 28, 2020: Agenda | DRAFT Minutes
- January 2019 Minutes
- February 2019 Minutes
- March 2019 Minutes
- April 2019 Minutes
- May 2019 Minutes
- June 2019 Minutes
- July 22, 2019 Minutes
- July 30, 2019 Minutes
- September 2019 Minutes
- October 2019 Minutes
- November 2019 Minutes
- January 2018 Minutes
- February 2018 Minutes
- March 2018 Minutes
- April 2018 Board Minutes
- May 15th 2018 Minutes
- May 31st 2018 Minutes
- June 12th 2018 Board Minutes
- June 20th 2018 Board Minutes
- August 2nd 2018 Board Minutes
- August 16th 2018 Board Minutes
- August 20th 2018 Board Minutes
- August 29th 2018 Board Minutes
- September 19th 2018 Board Minutes
- September 24th 2018 Special Meeting Board Minutes
- October 24th 2018 Board Minutes
- December 2018 Board Minutes
- January 2017 Minutes
- February 2017 Minutes
- March 2017 Minutes
- April 2017 Minutes
- May 2017 Minutes
- June 2017 Minutes
- July 2017 Minutes
- August 2017 Minutes
- September 2017 Minutes
- October 2017 Minutes
- November 2017 Minutes
- December 2017 Minutes
- January 2016 Minutes
- February 2016 Minutes
- March 2016 Minutes
- April 2016 Minutes
- May 2016 Minutes
- June 2016 Minutes
- August 2016 Minutes
- August 2016 Special Session Minutes
- September 2016 Minutes
- October 2016 Minutes
- December 2016 Minutes
- January 2015 Minutes
- February 2015 Minutes
- March 2015 Minutes
- April 2015 Minutes
- May 2015 Minutes
- June 2015 Minutes
- September 2015 Minutes
- October 2015 Minutes
- December 2015 Minutes
- January 2014 Minutes
- February 2014 Minutes
- March 2014 Minutes
- April 2014 Minutes
- May 2014 Minutes
- June 2014 Minutes
- August 2014 Minutes
- February 2013 Minutes
- March 2013 Minutes
- April 2013 Minutes
- September 2013 Minutes
- October 2013 Minutes
- December 2013 Minutes